Rhodes Scholarship

<p>Neither of the two Finalists from UA were selected for the 2012 Rhodes Scholarship. </p>

<p>My son’s spirits are still very high. He met many great people. Thanks for all your support!!!</p>

<p>It’s a great honor to be Rhodes Scholar finalist. Congratulations to your son and the other finalist from UA.</p>

<p>They’re winners regardless. Congratulations to your son for being a finalist.</p>

<p>yes, they’re winners reardless.</p>

<p>Momof3boyz:</p>

<p>To be a finalist is an amazing feat! Congratulations on raising such a fine young man!</p>

<p>It is exciting that your son was chosen to be a finalist. He will do well in whatever he chooses.</p>

<p>Monster achievement. Rareified air. A cause for celebration. Bravo!</p>

<p>Congrats to 2010 UAB graduate Joshua Carpenter for being named a 2011 Rhodes Scholar!</p>

<p>[UAB</a> graduate Joshua Carpenter named Rhodes Scholar | al.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/11/uab_graduate_joshua_carpenter.html]UAB”>UAB graduate Joshua Carpenter named Rhodes Scholar - al.com)</p>

<p>^^^That’s fantastic! Thank you for the link to the article. So happy to hear this brilliant young man is participating in Teach for America. He will surely be an inspiration to his students.</p>

<p>Article from the news today:
Momof3’s son had stiff competition.</p>

<p>Woody Allen and Mia Farrow’s Son Becomes Rhodes Scholar
Ronan Farrow, who graduated college at 15, currently works at the State Department.</p>

<p>Congrats to your son for making it to the finalist stage. </p>

<p>I see from the article that there was stiff competition indeed! Thanks for sharing.</p>

<p>asaunmom… that young man is incredible…graduated bard at 15 and yale law school at 19-20… but he wasnt competition for alabama kids…rhodes goes by district (either your home district or the college district). I wondered how he could compete because he finished law school in 2009… turns out the upper limit for applying is age 24.</p>