Rice RD 2026

Will RD decisions be out on April 1st or earlier?

Looking at Last year the decision seemed to be released on March 30th. Idk if that is consistent or indicative for this year

1 Like

My daughter is a junior and her year they were released around March 23rd or so. Maybe a day or two later but not much later.

1 Like

Two questions: (1) did anyone receive a promise of an interview and prompt review if application was submitted by a certain date, Dec 15, I think? (We did, but does a prompt review mean an earlier decision?) (2) did anyone receive a likely letter? (We did not.).

Nevermind. Letting my nerves get the best of me. Taking a much needed break from CC. :joy:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, as I learned the hard way with S22, students are supposed to book their own interviews in first come basis.

Don’t stress too much about interviews. My D did not submit her application until a couple of days before it was due. She indicated she’d like to interview when she applied but at that point it was way too late to get one. She was still accepted.

1 Like

did anyone get an email about the rice/baylor decision

The website says notifications will occur by April 1. If you have a basis for believing they’ll be received earlier, please post it as those who are waiting would find it most welcome.

Has anyone got email “A commitment to impact the Rice community”?

Our email was about “Rice Loves Houston”. Seems like they mix up the emails which is nice.

2 Likes

S22 had an interview. It was with a recent grad and did not seem to carry a lot of weight. It was fun though and he learned a lot.

My Son did

Not sure why different emails, not everyone got the same email.

What do the emails concern? My kiddo didn’t get one. Is this an issue?

I don’t think not getting an email is an issue or it might have gone to the spam folder.

Rice may send different emails to different applicants depending on their demographics, interests, etc. I wouldn’t read anything into them. These are plugs for the school. As far as I know, Rice does not send likely letters for RD admissions. Rice admissions will send out a notice a few days before the decisions are released informing the applicants of the date and time of the release. They send this by email, and post it on Instagram and Twitter. It is hard to be patient this time of year, but the decisions aren’t likely to come out until late March.

2 Likes

Thanks. Patience is a virtue that I need to work on developing. :grinning:

Do you know the date, or have a guess as to the date it may be? I know late March, but have they said anything else?

1 Like

No one knows the exact date at this point, but Rice has committed to notifying applicants by April 1 which generally translates into a late March date.

3 Likes