Rice University Transfer Fall 2021 Thread

I hope it’s alright that I made a thread since I haven’t seen the official one for the 2021 transfer fall and I wanted to check on everyone’s progress so far!

Thank you for setting up the thread.

1 Like

No problem!

Glad this was made. I feel like I won’t get in, but it always worth a shot :blush: I already submitted my application, but I need to send my high school and college transcripts to them.

I understand how you feel. We have a long way until we get notified of whether we have been rejected or accepted. I still have yet to submit my app. Anyways, Good luck to you!:blush::+1:

1 Like

Good luck to you as well!

1 Like

Sorry I have a question. I am trying to send off my college and high school transcripts, but I probably should have emailed the office of admissions to ask if it should have been addressed to them. I went online instead and addressed it to the registrar, and unfortunately already sent it off. Was that incorrect?

"Official college transcripts must be submitted through a school’s online ordering system, an eTranscript service (such as the National Student Clearinghouse), or sent via postal mail directly to the Office of Admission. Transcripts will not be accepted by fax or email.

High School Transcripts

Official high school/secondary school transcripts must include coursework and grade performance from 9th through 12th grade. Applicants may submit GED results in place of a high school transcript.

Official high school transcripts must be submitted by your high school via the application platform (Common App or Coalition Application), through an online ordering system or eTranscript service, or sent via postal mail directly to the Office of Admission. Transcripts will not be accepted by fax or email." This is per Rice web site.

If you are accepted as a transfer, you will need to send the Rice registrar your official final college transcript to get credit. If in doubt about what you need to do next, give admissions a call/email, and they should walk you through your next steps.

2 Likes

I had a question about submitting our standardized test scores? I never took the SAT or ACT in high school since I was already dual enrolled in my local community college, so I was curious about whether I should explain this in the additional information section? Also, if I get accepted and matriculate there, wouldn’t I have to submit my scores? Since, this shows up on their website:
General Testing

• Self-reported Scores: Students have the option to submit self-reported scores if they are graduating from a high school within the U.S. or submit official scores. Admitted students who choose to enroll at Rice will be required to submit official test scores prior to matriculation.

The last sentence worries me since I am wondering whether I should practice to take the SAT or not. Any advice?

Rice is test optional this admission cycle. You don’t have to submit scores even if admitted.

https://news.rice.edu/2020/06/16/rice-announces-a-one-year-test-optional-policy-for-the-applicants-to-rice/

Also:

Testing Policy (2021 - 2022 application cycle only)
Rice will allow first-year and transfer student applicants to undergraduate degree-seeking programs for the 2021-2022 application cycle to submit SAT or ACT test scores, if they choose. Students who are unable to submit test scores or prefer not to submit test scores will be given full consideration in the admission selection process.

1 Like

Oh okay, thank you so much for the clarification!

Good Luck to all submitting transfer applications.

1 Like

I have a question about my college report. I’m currently having some difficulties getting in touch with my college counselor because I’m learning from home virtually now, away from school. Is it okay to send my college report past the Mar 15 deadline? Or do all documents need to be sent out before that?

Also, I’m applying for junior transfer at Rice. Do I absolutely have to provide my official high school transcripts? I thought a two-year college transcript would be enough?

@hdhhnoa Call admissions and ask them asap.

@PlzNeed2transfer can you answer some of the questions of the poster above?

Yes you need your HS transcript. I don’t know if you can submit after the 15th…you could email admissions and ask. My guess is they’ll say yes you can send it after since they’re not looking at your application right away.

Hi, I just submitted my application and I was wondering about the Box section and where do I upload the image?

I know that it is through the Rice Admission Student Portal and I was curious whether I would have to wait a day or two, for the link? Would it pose me at risk since I just submitted the app on the deadline?

Applied as a first year student ED last cycle and had the same concern—I submitted my Common App before the deadline and didn’t get my portal to submit the Rice Box until a day or two after the deadline. I emailed admissions about it and they told me it’s fine to submit the Box slightly late since I got the main part of my application in on time, so I think you’ll be alright!

1 Like

Yeah, I emailed them last night and I just got my login info for the Student Portal today in the morning! Sorry, for the late response, but thank you for letting me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all! I applied to Rice as a transfer student for the Fall 2021 cycle. Nice to meet everyone and good luck!

2 Likes

I’m so anxious I just wanna know my result right away…anyone have any prediction of what this year’s transfer admission at Rice would be like? cuz I saw from previous years’ post that sometimes they overadmitted freshmen and there won’t be many seats open for transfer. Is that the case this year?

1 Like