Rice vs UT (McCombs) for Business

I have recently been admitted to both McCombs and Rice’s Business Schools. I am a current senior in Texas and need advice on what decision to make regarding my career moving forward. After receiving generous financial aid, the cost of attendance would be practically the same for both schools. Both Schools would be a similar distance from where I currently live. My question is, what would be the benefits of attending either institution as a finance major? I’m stuck deciding between the two and really don’t want to make the wrong decision, so any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

There is no wrong decision.

They are what you think - a huge state school (and a good track record in IB, if that’s your interest).

The other is an elite private.

UT is established. Rice is new - but has long offere graduate degrees.

One will have big time sports, greek life, and just be huge. The other has no Greek, the residential college system, and is not smack in the middle of things although it still is in the middle of things so to speak.

You need to visit both - it’s large vs. small/medium, etc.

One will feel better to you than the other.

Good luck.

1 Like

Have you visited both campuses? Both excellent schools academically. I really don’t think you can go wrong with either. But they are totally different campuses and experiences. Can you go to admitted student days and both and then decided where you see yourself living for the next 4 years? Which has students and a campus environments you see yourself connecting with?

This question was recently asked. Look through the replies on this thread:

Bottom line is there is no “right or wrong” choice – go to whichever school you prefer. Your post-graduation future will depend much more on what you achieve at college rather than which one of these two excellent institutions you attend.

Congrats on the acceptances.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.