Ride-Share Board?

<p>I would be curious to know what Zimride brings to the table for $9500.00. If it just maintaining a database and nothing else, that seems very expensive.
No wonder UA didn’t pony up.
I would think that a centralized board would be simpler and free. My concern would be that someone would partner with a “poor” driver. I would be extremely cautious about letting “another student” drive my vehicle. Insurance prices are crazy enough.</p>

<p>Zimride provides a turnkey, private rideshare website to the University,
they have signed up a lot of large Universities - Cornell, Dartmouth, UCLA, Michigan, etc.</p>

<p>Their usage target is 10-20%/student population in 6 months.
For UA that’s 3,000 to 6,000 users or about $1.50-$3.00 per user/yr in first school yr.</p>

<p>…bumped…</p>

<p>[url=&lt;a href=“http://zimride.ua.edu/]Zimride[/url”&gt;http://zimride.ua.edu/]Zimride[/url</a>]</p>

<p>^^^
"In its first session of the summer, the Student Government Association senate tabled a proposal to create a social media ridesharing network.</p>

<p>A bill to bring Zimride to the university was sent to the financial affairs committee for further consideration. Senators discussed whether or not they wanted to commit funds to the program.</p>

<p>Speaker of the Senate Ryan Flamerich said the senate effectively rejected the proposal, since funds needed to be allocated before July 1."</p>

<p><a href=“YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White”>YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White;

<p>Well, somebody paid, or that site wouldn’t be up, right?</p>

<p>Zimride is free to a University until it has 50 registered users at one campus-
then it costs the university $9,500 annually, UA has decided not to pay it appears
What these means to the future of Zimride at UA is unclear.</p>

<p>Zimride says “Zimride has a two-tier offering of rideshare software products for universities. The software is licensed to universities for an annual fee and provides students, staff, and alumni with a safe and easy way to find a carpool.”</p>

<p>update</p>

<p>30 members and counting</p>

<p>[Roll</a> Tide Rideshare](<a href=“Redirecting...”>Roll Tide Rideshare Public Group | Facebook)</p>

<p>update</p>

<p>50 members and counting</p>

<p>[Roll</a> Tide Rideshare](<a href=“Redirecting...”>Roll Tide Rideshare Public Group | Facebook)</p>

<p>update</p>

<p>96 members and counting</p>

<p>Is the FB page still the best place for ride shares? Hopefully bumping this up will also get more people to join:-) [Log</a> In | Facebook](<a href=“Roll Tide Rideshare Public Group | Facebook”>Roll Tide Rideshare Public Group | Facebook)</p>

<p>Anyone going to or passing the Memphis area interested in giving DS a ride on fall, Thanksgiving, winter or any break for some gas money, please pm me. Thanks!</p>