Ridgecrest Laundry Floors, Kitchen Floors, Parking Lots

<p>Since son has always lived on Riverside West Fourth Floor, he’s always been on the floor with the laundry room.</p>

<p>I thought it would be good to start a thread outlining where these facilities are on each floor of the different Ridgecrest buildings, since most honors kids will be moving over to those buildings.</p>

<p>So, what floors are the laundry rooms on in Ridgecrest East, West, North Tower of South and South Tower of South? Please correct me if I have any of the designations wrong, since I’m not familiar with those buildings.</p>

<p>Also, where do kids park for the various Ridgecrest buildings? Is it only the parking garage for all Ridgecrest students, or are there lots for the East/West buildings and for overflow from the Ridgecrest garage?</p>

<p>And for those interested in cooking, which floors have the kitchen?</p>

<p>My son is a microwave/toaster guy, so the laundry room trumps the kitchen, but for others, this may be a deciding factor.</p>

<p>Thank you so much for the info!</p>

<p>All residents of the Ridgecrest community can park in the parking garage beneath RCS. Most, but not all, is covered parking in the deck. There are three levels, but the levels are not connected. You’ll need to use the specific entrance/exit for the desired level. The parking deck is secure access, so you must swipe to enter from elevators outside RCS, the garage door, or the walk through doors. There is also street level parking lot. Anyone with the yellow residential permit may park in any of these areas. There has also been access for some other commuter parking to level one of the deck in the past.</p>

<p>The laundry rooms and community kitchens are on the second and fourth floors of RCS where the halls intersect.</p>

<p>You can walk between the towers on the second and first floors. There are five floors in RCS.</p>

<p>^^^So the laundry rooms and kitchens are on the same floor in RCS? What is on the first and third floor, study rooms or just more suites? Are those facilities on the second and fourth floors of both towers of RCS?</p>

<p>Hope someone can chime in on the location of these facilities in Ridgecrest East and West.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Yes, both towers have laundry and community kitchens on the second and fourth floors. There is also an enclosed area with grills, basketball courts, volleyball courts, etc. on the first floor of the north tower. There is a courtyard on the side of the south tower. The courtyard between the towers is closed to students. The community director lives in the north tower off of the courtyard. There is/was a bike storage room on the fifth floor of the north tower of RCS.</p>

<p>Can’t chime in for everything but son is on RC-West 2nd floor and has laundry and kitchen on his floor. Parks in the garage under the RC-South building.</p>

<p>RCW has laundry and kitchens on the third floor as well.</p>

<p>My D who lives in RCW parks in the RCS parking garage - the entrance she uses is right across the street from RCW.</p>

<p>^Levels 3 and 2 are between the buildings. Level 1 faces the street.</p>

<p>I think it would be more clear if people added their info in the below fashion (copy paste from previous answers so that the latest post has cumulative info</p>

<p>Honors</p>

<p>Ridgecrest South - North Tower (northwest side of campus)</p>

<p>Laundry
Full Kitchen
Game room
TV room
Parking
Entry Desk (staffed for X hours):
(add anything else here)</p>

<hr>

<p>Ridgecrest South - North Tower (northwest side of campus)</p>

<p>Laundry
Full Kitchen
Game room
TV room
Parking
Outside recreation:

<hr>

<p>Ridgecrest West (northwest side of campus) </p>

<p>Laundry
Full Kitchen
Game room
TV room
Parking
Outside recreation:

<hr>

<p>Ridgecrest East - (northwest side of campus)</p>

<p>Laundry
Full Kitchen
Game room
TV room
Parking
Outside recreation:

<hr>

<p>So, copy/paste the above and fill in the info. :)</p>

<p>A similar form could be made for the non-honors dorms if desired.</p>

<p>Since we’re on the ridgrecrest subject maybe someone knows how the room numbers run. Meaning from the middle of the building with 101 to the end or do the numbers run from the end in? Also are the evens or odds facing the outside? (Ridge S looks to have inside and outside facing views) I’m thinking with that information we can make our own map. Also are the kitchens\Laundry close to the middle of the floors? D is not really keen on being next to the Laundry room. I sure wish somebody had a pdf of the floors.</p>

<p>^^ That is a wonderful idea. My DD and her roommates would like to be near the kitchen, but they have no idea which rooms that would be.</p>