Ridgecrest North vs. Ridgecrest West

<p>Just to add a small voice of reason here, and acknowledging that many of us asked similar questions when it was our kids’ first time out, I don’t know of any student in the honors dorms whose quality of life was impacted in any way by their choosing any honors suite over another. Quite honestly, it’s all about having your own bedroom.</p>

<p>DS is hoping for RCW next year because it has more upperclassmen. He doesn’t want to hang with the freshmen, lol.</p>

<p>Al34—amen!!!</p>

<p>Maybe, but the Riverside link does say there are closets.</p>

<p>As for the dresser and desk sizes…I am racking my brain trying to remember if they really are that different in size for those two halls. </p>

<p>Anyway…like Mike W says…the differences aren’t that important…the important part is that they have their own room, there is a full size fridge for food, and bedrooms have good-sized closets (bigger than a normal dorm…almost as big as a home bedroom closet.)…and they’re all very nice.</p>

<p>yes, i got all this info from room details on the UA housing website. for some reason RCW room details doesn’t indicate a closet…probably just an oversite. also, the desk and dresser dimensions are on there. we printed out the room details for RCS-N and RCW and just compared the two.</p>

<p>I think you may have missed the closet mention on the Riverside page…it’s there.</p>

<p>Furniture provided for each resident:
Extended twin bed and mattress (36” x 80”), adjusting height 31” max from floor
Desk (48” x 24”), with locking unit
Desk chair
3-drawer dresser (30” x 24”)
**Closets with organizers installed **
Wall-to-wall carpet
Approx. window dimensions: 44" x 64", mini blinds provided
Includes Ethernet connection and cable TV connection
Phone connection available on request at no additional charge</p>

<p>Yes…I see the drawer/desk sizes…I just don’t remember seeing a difference between S1’s drawer size in Riverside and S2’s drawer size in Ridgecrest South. There may be a real difference, I just don’t remember an obvious difference of 6 inches.</p>

<p>I think it is Ridgecrest West that is missing the closet description on the website.</p>

<p>For those who might be concerned about closet size, we did measure the ones in Lakeside West and RCW. They are about five feet wide and go more than seven feet high. So if you are great at stacking things, the closet is very friendly.</p>

<p>the closet in RCS is plenty big. you have the full width that is a high hanging bar, then a lower bar for about half of it. you can put plastic drawers or shoe shelves at the bottom underneath the high bar. then there is room behind that to store things like toilet paper or suitcases.</p>

<p>if you have a closet with swing open doors, then you can also use that space for a over the door shoe rack or hanging things like purses etc.</p>

<p>imo there is plenty of room for all their stuff if you get them a few organizational supplies.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the bathroom with toilet and shower has a cupboard/shelving? I know there is some storage under the vanity that is outside the bathroom.</p>

<p>the bathroom in RCS has shelves.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Linnylu, I have no personal knowledge, but if you look at the pictures on the housing website, specifically under Riverside (although Ridgecrest E/W and Lakeside have the same layout and should be the same) there are two pictures of the toilet/shower room. In one of them you can see a tall cabinet with shelves.</p>

<p>Ridgecrest West bathrooms have a floor-to-ceiling closed cabinet about 2 feet wide. It has shelves and is easy to divvy up the space between the 2 students that will share that bathroom.</p>

<p>Thanks, everyone. I ask the most trivial questions, don’t I?!</p>

<p>linnylu: I asked the same questions last year. We just want everything to go well. Have fun. It’s a process.</p>