Ridgecrest South or Ridgecrest East?

<p>Hey, as time has gone on, I’m more and more strongly considering attending this University. Recently, I saw that, as a member of the honors college, I had options to stay a Ridgecrest South, East, or West. My question is, what is the difference between these housing options? Is it divided randomly, by major, by grade, etc.</p>

<p>Any reply would be very much appreciated!</p>

<p>^^^ really you cannot go wrong with any of the suite style dorms. My D is in RCS North Tower, but many of her friends live in RCW. There is no differentiation in your ability to choose. When you log in to choose, all of the buildings that you have access to will show up.</p>

<p>FYI, Ridgecrest East is not an honors dorm. If you choose to live in a non-honors dorm, you will foreclose the option to live in an honors dorm in the future. Ridgecrest West and Ridgecrest South - North Tower are honors dorms, as are Lakeside West and Riverside. There’s another thread on here that you can probably find by searching that lays out some of the little differences between the suite style dorms - such as Riverside has a pool but no stove/oven in the common kitchens; Ridgecrest South beds loft higher than those in the other suite style dorms, but the others have a larger living area and a storage closet outside the suite, etc. I think the bottom line of that thread, though, was that you can’t go wrong with any of the suite style dorms.</p>

<p>What is your situation?</p>

<p>Major?</p>

<p>Are you in the honors college?</p>

<p>BTW…did you post in our Roll Call Thread? </p>

<p>We’d like to know more about you. :)</p>

<p>As far as my situation goes, I am a male, NMF (with scholarship money, so price shouldn’t be an issue). I am currently planning on majoring as an engineering undecided, but I intend to switch my major to chemical engineering before the year starts. I will be in the honors college.</p>

<p>And, I will post on the roll call thread!</p>

<p>Riverside East and West, Lakeside West, Ridgecrest West and Ridgecrest South NT are all honors…not just the ones you mentioned.</p>

<p>Have you deposited yet?</p>

<p>If Ridgecrest South NT fills before you can pick it, then I would suggest Riverside West as an alternative for an E major.</p>