RIT Regular Decision for Fall ‘23

Although I now see that someone else just wrote that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think there may have…I am just not sure as he didn’t share the portal letter, just the email saying that the portal had changed…Thus the :joy: emoticon…Will find out later tonight I guess.

1 Like

Sorry, not wanting to hijack this thread, but curious to know what you guys think of Wentworth - have you visited?

Thanks for the tip. My son found a merit offer!

3 Likes

we didn’t visit Wentworth. They only had three majors in their art department and my son was only interested in one. If he’d change his mind at all, he’d have to transfer. The other schools on his list have much more in the way of Digital Arts and he knows that if he wants a career in the arts he needs to merge art and technology/engineering.

I did read a lot about it though. The campus seems nice - downtown Boston. But it’s small and the female to male ratio is even worse that RIT.

1 Like

Anyone

Sorry- replied too quick! Anyone else in other engineering majors here yet?

No :frowning: Hoping for tomorrow now!

2 Likes

Received a small performing arts scholarship via an e-mail today.

3 Likes

We are impatiently awaiting a decision on mechanical engineering here. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

May I ask about how much the performing arts scholarship you received was? My son also sent in an application and video.

Son went to the admissions website and asked admissions officer/ via anonymous live chat if some engineering decisions coming out this week. They said that some schools releasing, but they know from history previous years that engineering and computer sciences will be the last majors to go out. Engineering technology majors have started to hear, but that is a different program. Seems that March notification for engineering majors might be reality :cry:

3 Likes

Thanks for the information! My son is a computer science applicant - I’m guessing it will still be a while. Bleh.

2 Likes

Booo :neutral_face:

Thank you for the information though

1 Like

It certainly got quiet in here. No additional acceptances since last week? :thinking:

Crickets! Hoping for some news this week!

Nothing here.

Nothing here- Son now having thoughts about another school -has been attending their accepted student events, etc… invited for housing applications, regional dinners, hockey games. Wishing RIT would release decisions very soon. It’s between RIT and this other school which has been eager and early to recruit students - and extremely good w merit $. Stay strong everyone / hopeful for everyone to hear this week to make some final decisions.

1 Like

Nothing here either. Still waiting on a few other schools as well, so I guess this isn’t unique. My son seems totally fine about this, but I’m losing my damn mind waiting. :blush:

3 Likes

My son was just accepted into Biomedical Engineering. Maybe check the portals again😊

2 Likes