Riverside now non-Honors?

<p>I’ve read some posts regarding Riverside suites now being offered to non-Honors students. What does this mean for honors students who have selected these dorms for the fall?</p>

<p>it doesn’t change anything for honors students in Riverside.</p>

<p>Riverside (especially R-North) has been a mix of honors and non-honors for awhile.</p>

<p>When there are open beds in honors, and there are students who need housing, they’re allowed to be placed in there.</p>

<p>This has probably happened because a number of upperclassmen honors students have recently been given the chance to move to the East Edge apartments. I’m guessing that the University is now accommodating unhoused incoming freshmen in any spaces made available as a result of these moves, without regard to whether the available spaces in dorms designated honors.</p>

<p>So are the honors and non-honors designated by floor?</p>

<p>This is still what it says on the housing website, so I hope it has not changed. </p>

<p>“The Riverside Community houses 966 residents. The facilities include single, double and four bedroom options with a kitchenette and living room. Riverside East, West and North are all home to Honors Housing for fall 2012.”</p>

<p>All of Riverside is still Honors.</p>

<p>However, if some residents have now opted to move to East Ridge Apts (or elsewhere), then those suites/beds are now available so that students who couldn’t get housing, now can.</p>

<p>The designation isn’t by floor, it couldn’t be that way. All three are still honors. It’s just that there are now some open beds, that are going to be filled with students who still need housing.</p>