Riverside West Kitchen

<p>Is there anything besides a convection oven in the communal dorm kitchen? Is there a stove?</p>

<p>I don’t think there is a stove in the communal kitchen. </p>

<p>I wonder if kids are allowed to use an electric frying pan in the communal kitchen. Anyone know?</p>

<p>What did you want to cook? Many things can be cooked in an oven or microwave that you traditionally cook on the stove.</p>

<p>Don’t really have specific ideas, my roommate and I are just planning on cooking most of our meals in the dorm – we basically bought the entire Martha Stewart kitchen collection…</p>

<p>She says she’s 1000% positive there is a stove, she saw it in the dorm and read it online, but I keep hearing there isn’t…I guess my best bet to be absolutely certain would be to call housing?</p>

<p>ask seatide</p>

<p>I don’t spend a lot of time in the riverside dorms, so I’m not sure if they have stoves. I’d suggest calling housing as they should know the correct answer.</p>

<p>A little history: I once called housing to ask if all of the bedrooms in the honors dorms have windows (they do). The sad thing is that I was transferred to a couple of different people before I got someone knew the answer. In retrospect, this was an important question to ask as I’ve had many classes in rooms that don’t have windows and I’m sure that some dorm rooms at other universities don’t have windows.</p>

<p>Son lived in Riverside West last year and I remember my son saying there wasnt a stove in the kitchen on his floor. There is also the chance he missed seeing it as he has been known to miss things that are right in front of him, lol.</p>

<p>I think it’s a fire code req’t that all dorm bedrooms MUST have a window. Otherwise a person could be trapped inside his room in a fire.</p>

<p>Classrooms are different.</p>

<p>Regina…did your roomie tour Riverside? or did she tour Ridgecrest?</p>

<p>Regina, unless your roommate knew a current student who showed her their dorm room in Riverside or had a tour guide who took prospective students to their dorm in addition to the model room in Ridgecrest South, she likely did not tour Riverside. One of the issues with having only one model honors dorm is that it is difficult to show the differences between the two types of honors dorms.</p>

<p>She says she’s 1000% positive there is a stove, she saw it in the dorm and read it online, but I keep hearing there isn’t.</p>

<p>Was she talking about the suite’s kitchen or the community kitchen?</p>

<p>In Riverside, there is no stove top in either type of kitchen.</p>

<p>There is a stove top in Ridgecrest South. </p>

<p>She probably remembers seeing the stove top in the community kitchen in Ridgecrest South during the housing tour.</p>

<p>S in Riverside W - and although he didn’t really cook last year, I know I checked for stove in case he wanted a pan to make eggs or pancakes.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>When you checked, did you see that there wasn’t one or was one?</p>

<p>haha - that was my question too! : )</p>

<p>So just to confuse the topic more…I just called housing, and the woman who answered told me that there is a stove (in the communal kitchens in the halls).</p>

<p>I had been wondering the same thing about whether my roommate had been thinking of Ridgecrest, but she’s a very intelligent girl so I guess I should have believed her right away when she said she knows she saw a stove in Riverside West!</p>

<p>i don’t know what the rules are, but you would think that any “kitchen” would have not only an oven but a stove also. if kids are using it to cook actual meals, i would think a stove might be necessary.</p>

<p>OK…I’ve got the final answer.</p>

<p>I spoke to the Director of Riverside housing.</p>

<p>There are NO STOVES in the communal kitchens in Riverside Halls. </p>

<p>It seems like those who answer the phones in Housing don’t always know the particulars of each hall…some halls do have stoves, but Riverside does not.</p>

<p>Since Riverside was the first Honors Hall to be built, perhaps there was a concern about stoves???</p>

<p>(PS…I think I first got the lady that Regina spoke to…she now knows that there are no stoves in Riverside. )</p>

<p>No stove top in Riverside West communal kitchen.</p>