Riverside West q

<p>Is there a tv stand in the living area? Also, is there some sort of cabinet/shelf for toiletries in the bathroom? Does the sink have any sort of counter space around it? Thanks!</p>

<p>Our son is on the second floor, coming in as a freshman. The pictures online show a floor to ceiling cabinet in the bathroom with four doors. The sink has no storage. He’s in a four person dorm so their are two bathrooms in the suite.</p>

<p>I’m unclear about the tv stand. It looks like some of the dorms have them and some don’t. I had another question and called housing. They didn’t know the answer and connected me to the Riverside dormitory manager. He was wonderful. Housing can connect you directly on Monday, if that helps.</p>

<p>Which floor is your S/D on?</p>

<p>My D lived in Riverside West last year. There is a full size vanity with storage underneath. The vanity area is open to the hall, and what it lacks are towel hooks or rods. Since there is no where to hang a towel, so I would suggest each roomie buying a large Command hook, and sticking it to the wall.</p>

<p>You can also hang a tension rod with a curtain if you want privacy or for looks, but it’s not really necessary.</p>

<p>The living room has bookshelve cubes that are adequate for a TV stand.</p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>There was a tv stand in S’s room last year as Catfan described. </p>

<p>Shower/toilet area has door and floor to ceiling “linen closet”, since only two share this there is plenty of room to store towels, toiletry and cleaning stock. Sink area is open to hallway and as Catfan noted the command hooks worked great for towels. I made sure we had enough on hand for unforseen needs, also my son was able to offer one to his suitemate for his towel. Please note that unlike the ones we saw in Ridgecrest S these vanities did not have drawers, this did not phase my S but some may want some type of unit to organize their stuff.</p>

<p>^^^^Thank you SO MUCH for this post! We had switched over to the command hooks for son’s bedroom door when the overdoor hanger gave him such a hard time with closing the door. He had one there to hang his jackets, umbrella, etc. We took it down midyear and replaced it with a few large command hooks, and they worked out just fine.</p>

<p>But I did notice he always had his shower/face towel just sitting on the vanity and dresser, and that missing towel rack in the vanity area was an inconvenience.</p>

<p>I just added large command hooks to the list of things to buy for next year. We’ll put them up in the vanity area for son and his next door roommate to use for their towels/face clothes in the vanity area.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, there is a towel hanger in the toilet/shower area, though, right?</p>

<p>As for the missing drawers in Riverside West, yes, that is another inconvenience. Son solved that by using a shower caddy to store his toiletries for shower and vanity area.</p>

<p>We actually put all the cleaning products and laundry detergent in the cupboard underneath the vanity.</p>

<p>The bathroom/linen closet had towels for both boys, each with a side, on the bottom, and the top portion, again, each with a side, is where they stored their excess soap, shampoo, toothpaste, face stuff, plus first aid kit, hair dryer, medicine cabinet stuff, like aspirin, triple A ointment, band aids, hydrogen peroxide. </p>

<p>Yes, there is enough room in there to hold a small pharmacy, and my husband did his best to stock it as such.</p>

<p>This is so helpful. Thanks! S will be on 3rd floor.</p>

<p>Son will be on 4, so if anyone needs first aid, you know where to go!</p>

<p>Not to be indelicate, but I do believe there is enough room in either cabinet to hold those large multi roll packs of TP. You do have to provide that yourself!</p>

<p>* The sink has no storage.*</p>

<p>??</p>

<p>My son’s Riverside bathroom had a wide vanity with a good amount of storage underneath.</p>

<p>My son has lived in Riverside North and Riverside East the last three years. I believe all buildings are pretty much the same excepts for the fabric used on the front room furniture. </p>

<p>Last year, my son arrived after the three freshmen moved in. One of the freshmen took a storage cube from the front room to add to his bedroom. IMO, that action was down right WRONG! If any of the front room pieces start out in any of the bedrooms, start the year out on the right foot and insist the front room furniture stay in the front room. </p>

<p>The housing website specifies the furniture pieces that each bedroom should have. If you arrive and don’t have all the pieces, take a picture (on your phone if you have to) of the bedroom before you move anything in. The same goes with the front room. Notify your RA after move-in day (because the RA’s are very busy). </p>

<p>I don’t mean to come across as a pessimist but I do want to caution everyone about items that are stored in any of the common areas. Only keep your current supply of toiletries under the hall bath vanity. Keep your back-up supplies and ALL MEDICATIONS locked in your bedroom. Before you know it, all your cold and pain medications are gone.<br>
Extra toilet paper can be stored in the linen closet along with your extra towels. My son also kept his laundry detergent in the linen closet.<br>
One the same subject, food and drinks kept in the kitchen pantry DOES vanish! Just be wise.</p>

<p>if someone took furniture from the living area to add to their bedroom, then the other boys could have/should have told him to put it back and given him directions to target where they sell cubes and shelves.</p>