RN to DPT

Hi, I am a second degree student. I’ll be honest and open I am changing careers due to stability/increase in finances. Worked 8 year’s in healthcare and currently a psych tech. I make about $23 an hour, but it’s only part time. Additionally, very few job opportunities and pay isn’t consistent at various employers.

I am 29 wanting to enter a program by the time I am 30 and be done by the time 32. Want to start raising a family and move forward in my life.

To my question if I do the DPT with another year of prerequisites and 3 year’s of schooling I probably wouldn’t be done till I am 35.

Now as a nurse I’ll be 32 making $30 an hour with a variety of job opportunities. I see no point and do not want to go for my BSN. I already have a bachelor’s degree and don’t feel like wasting money on amother bachelor degeee. Probably will search for an online RN to MSN program.

I see no point in going for Doctorate in nursing and if I want to leads me to my original question go for my DNP.

Anyone ever contemplated transitioning from RN to PT?

There are accelerated BS to BSN programs that can be completed in 18 months

The reason you may need a BSN/MS is to progress up the chain and as you identified, you can do this online. I don’t see any advantage to becoming a PT that you don’t have being a nurse in terms of family and flexibility. If you want to possibly teach, you need a MSN not just a MS (which I have) as they won’t accept that.

So to get away from the weekend work, you need to go into management of some kind and there are opportunities in hospitals, clinics and nursing agencies. Being a PT does not get you away from weekends or evenings while nursing management would.