Robertson Scholarship at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill

Thank you! Those were some very good words to hear!

Will applicants who do not make the semis be informed of that fact or will they just not get an email invite?

3 Likes

I gathered from last year’s forum that applicants will be informed, but they receive an email after all the semifinalists are notified. It sounds horrendous, but that’s the way they do it.

1 Like

The wait is absolutely killing me, and learning that we’re notified on a rolling basis is terrifying. Im currently a Jefferson Scholar Finalist so I have hope that all things will work out, but Duke is my dream school. My heart starts beating fast every time i check my email :sob:.

2 Likes

All applicants are typically informed by the last week of February. That what was referred to be releasing them :smile:

The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program interviews significantly more than 120 students at the Semi-Finalist stage and typically has a total of 80 finalist interviews.

I can’t speak to the total number but the year my son attended the finalist event he was one of 32 from Duke (or there about). My recollection was that at that point it was school specific?

This conversation is interesting. I applied to the scholarship too. And every time am checking my email. Ohh wow. This is really scary .

Good Luck to those that will get it

One more question: if a student applies for the Robertson at both Duke and UNC, and they get a semi-finals interview, do they tell them which school it is for? Or is it all one process until the end?

There have been 80 Finalists for the scholarship for the past 5 years.

2 Likes

So now I am just curious is that 40 each from UNC and Duke and where all finalists present at the in person finalist events?

I just got notified that i’m a semifinalist!! You guys, its starting!!!

4 Likes

On my email, it said the following:

Congratulations! You have been selected as a Semifinalist for the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program. This is not a school specific invitation, though students who progress to the finalist round will do so for a single institution.

And i applied for both duke and unc (with a preference for duke!)

4 Likes

Finalist activities for last year and this year are conducted virtually. But yes, there are always an equal number of semi-finalists for each school invited.

1 Like

Congratulations! Is the notice also on your Robertson portal, or just by email?

AHHHH CONGRATS! is there still a chance for me if i didnt recieve the email yet??:pleading_face::pleading_face:

Question: I’m a Robertson semifinalist. I applied to both UNC and Duke and selected a preference for UNC. Since I made it as a semifinalist, what are my chances of getting admissions to Duke? I’ve heard some say semifinalists are auto-admitted.

sounds like the semi-finalist invitations were emailed today so anyone that didn’t receive an email are likely not moving forward.

My kid got it. Does it signify anything in terms of admissions like increased chances. My kid got notified by duke