Roll Call! Accepted Students for Fall 2013! Post here! :)

<p>Does anyone know that if you apply for honors college and you get accepted, can you turn it down if you decide not to do it?</p>

<p>If you apply and get accepted and decide not to do it, then the Honors College Police will force you to participate.</p>

<p>just kidding. Or course you’re not obligated to participate. However, what reason would there be not to participate once accepted???</p>

<p>Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State:
Eastern Iowa</p>

<p>Intended Major:
Public Relatons/Communications (thinking about adding a major or minor in French or business, but not sure yet)</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests:
French, Volunteering, Reading, Friends, Travel, running</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
Yes- in August. I loved it and felt so welcome as an out of state student</p>

<p>Anything else?
I qualify for the presidential scholarship and will be in the Honors college. Can anyone explain what BUI, CBH, UFE, etc are? I haven’t heard of those…?</p>

<p>I’m also thinking about rushing for a sorority! Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with that?</p>

<p>Posting for my DD:</p>

<p>Home State: PA (York)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Athletic Training </p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: Eventually Physical Therapy</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Lacrosse, Softball</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?</p>

<p>Not yet. We will be visiting in November. Can’t wait!</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>After about 3 months of jumping through hoops my hs FINALLY sent my transcript and I got in!! Since Bama is my 1st choice I’m super excited!!
Home State: Ohio
Intended Major: Chemical Engineering with a minor in General Business
Professional tracks, if applicable: pre-law
Hobbies/Interests: I love being with friends and driving around listening to music, watching movies or just being together. I also love watching and playing sports
Have you visited Bama yet? If so when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
I have visited a few times. March of 2011, and twice this past summer. Both of my parents were also very impressed with Bama. </p>

<p>I’m interested in the Honors College. I’m eligible for the UA Scholars scholarship along with the engineering scholarship.</p>

<p>Home State: New York</p>

<p>Intended Major: Psychology </p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: Pre-Medical</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Sports (V-Ball and Lacrosse), Dancing</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Yes, in February 2012</p>

<p>I am really looking forward to attending UA. I can’t wait to meet everyone. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>If you’ve been accepted, join the 2017 facebook group!!! <a href=“Facebook - log in or sign up”>Facebook - log in or sign up;

<p>Female
Wisconsin
Engineering
Professional track: No
Have you visited Bama yet? No
If not, will you do so? Applied as a safety school. If it becomes a serious option, then will visit (April).</p>

<p>FYI: Application complete on Sept 18, Admission letter dated Sept 21.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Welcome…</p>

<p>did you submit the scholarship app??</p>

<p>BTW…I suggest visiting before April. Even though Bama is a safety school right now, visiting Bama often moves it from being a safety school to a preferred choice.</p>

<p>Are you applying to CBH honors?? If not, you should consider that.</p>

<p>^^^
Yes, submitted the Scholarship App.</p>

<p>I didn’t realize there is a separate honors app. One more thing to go find.</p>

<p>She is good enough to get into MIT, Caltech, etc. If she gets in, I don’t think a visit will change her mind on that decision. Now, if it comes down to $20k for Univ WI or Univ of MN vs $10k for UAB, then it is worth a visit.</p>

<p>OperaDad - I agree with M2CK that you should move your visit up if possible. DS was also “good enough” to get into MIT and any other school from a numbers and talent perspective. After we visited Bama he decided to “go ahead and apply to MIT but just because I want to know if I would get accepted”. He is very good at looking at the big picture and he realized that with secondary degrees in his future it made much more sense to go to a good school like Bama and have some available $$ left to allow for more options for the “big name schools” in the future.</p>

<p>Welcome, Kadelgiacco–another volleyball playing New Yorker! You will surely meet my S, a freshman from LI now on the UA volleyball team. Also plays co-ed tournaments and intramurals. He’s having a great time. You’ll love it there.</p>

<p>Opera dad…</p>

<p>I think you’re confusing TWO DIFFERENT schools.</p>

<p>Alabama is not UAB.</p>

<p>Alabama is Bama (you have Alabama confused with UAB).</p>

<p>Alabama (the Flagship) is the one with the Presidential scholarship for full tuition (up to 20 credits per semester) and 2500 per year for engineering. </p>

<p>UAB is different. Its full tuiton scholarship only covers 12 credits per semester and it doesn’t have the 2500 per year for engineering.</p>

<p>You need to check and see which school your D applied to. It sounds like she applied to UAB when she wanted to appy to Alabama. </p>

<p>(this is the Roll Call thread for ALABAMA…not UAB.)</p>

<p>Received the letter today on the automatic scholarship. It said the official letter will come in March.</p>

<p>How long does it take to get a response after the university receives all the paperwork?</p>

<p>usually it takes less than a week once everything is received, unless a student’s stats are borderline and the school is waiting for new test results, etc.</p>

<p>Home State: Michigan</p>

<p>Intended Major: Biology & Spanish</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc)
Pre-Medical</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Joining a Sorority, Cheerleading, Study-Abroad, Choir</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Yes, in April 2012!</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc
Honors College, Presidential Scholarship, interested in UFE, Study Abroad</p>

<p>Bump…</p>

<p>Posting for dd:</p>

<p>Home State: North Carolina</p>

<p>Intended Major: Biology or Geology or both</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: martial arts, reading, science, writing. Of UA’s club list, she’s intrigued by the Cosplay club, the Inklings, and the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (SCA).</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? We’re visiting for the first time this coming Sunday & Monday.</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc: She’s NMSF. Interested in Honors, Emerging Scholars, and Study Abroad.</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Alabama</p>

<p>Intended Major: Pre-Law/Poli-Sci</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) Pre-Law</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: - Greek life, being involved, and meeting a lot of new people.</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? - Yes, I’ve been to several games and 2 tours. Can’t get enough!</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: NJ</p>

<p>Intended Major: Chemistry</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) - pre-med</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: sports, video games, football</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? - not yet, but I plan to</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc - UA Scholar</p>