Roll Call! Accepted Students for Fall 2013! Post here! :)

<p>Posting for DD</p>

<p>Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: WI</p>

<p>Intended Major: Engineering </p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) - </p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: reading, rowing, hanging out with friends</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? - two visits so far, first visit last fall. Just back from her official visit (rowing)</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc - UA Scholar, Honors College, rowing team</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Home State: NC</p>

<p>Intended Major: Chemical Engineering</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Meeting New People, Video Games, Football, Exploring New Interest </p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? - haven’t
visited yet but I plan to in either late October or early November.</p>

<p>I am a National Merit Achievement Semi-finalist so I qualify for four years OSS tuition, hoping to become a finalist in January and upgrade my scholarship. Interested in Honors College as well.</p>

<p>ALSO : I got all my transcript was finally received by the college on Oct 3 and I got accepted today, Oct 4. I’m pretty sure that’s record speed lol. I am DEFINITELY going to Alabama. ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>Welcome new accepted students !!!</p>

<p>Congratulations! The list is growing!!</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Kentucky (Lexington)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Chemical Engineering and Operations Management </p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Football, Basketball, etc. </p>

<p>Visiting soon. I have full tuition and a $2500 stipend. Accepted to honors and hope to be admitted to CBH.</p>

<p>Home State: GA (coastal Georgia)</p>

<p>Intended Major: General Business (may switch to Operations Management) and Actuarial Sciences</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Football, Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate, Model UN</p>

<p>Visiting: in about a week or so. I already received Presidential, waiting on Alumni Crimson. Applying to Honors (95% sure I’ll be accepted)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Have Allison and Susan set up your day? If not, what has been set up for your visit?</p>

<p>Just got my letter today! Too excited!</p>

<p>Gender: females</p>

<p>Home State: Pennsylvania (western)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Biology</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: pre-med</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: community service primarily, I had a huge focus on that throughout high school. I also have a nice job, am involved in NHS, and coach cheerleading, among other things</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet?: I haven’t yet but I’d really like to! Unfortunately, it’s quite far from home, so my parents will only take me once I’ve decided if it’s a serious contender or not.</p>

<p>I’m really hoping for the presidential scholarship or even the alumni crimson, as I qualify for both… filled out the app, just waiting! Also considering Honors College, unsure about university fellows…</p>

<p>Welcome and congrats!!!</p>

<p>If you qualify for the Presidential, then you get it…no ifs, ands, or buts. It will be yours. Congrats!!!
. </p>

<p>Do try to visit Bama…I think you’ll be very impressed by all the new facilities. (Frankly, I think once you have that awesome Presidential Full Tuition scholarship in your hand, it may not be hard to convince the parents to come for a visit. :slight_smile: )</p>

<p>If you do visit, first set up the campus tour online…try for an early morning time! Don’t bother with the “info session”, you’ll get that info here pretty much on the Alabama forum on College Confidential which is VERY active.*</p>

<p>In the email include:</p>

<p>Student’s name and contact info</p>

<p>Date and time of the Campus tour that you’ve reserved.</p>

<p>GPA and test scores (include likely NMSF if applicable)</p>

<p>Likely majors*</p>

<p>Career interests (including med, law, etc)</p>

<p>Anything particular that you want to see. *If you have an interest in seeing the new Science and Engineering Complex, let them know.</p>

<p>Honors Recruitment
Allison Verhine
Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Susan Alley
Assistant Coordinator
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
<a href=“mailto:susan.alley@ua.edu”>susan.alley@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Allison and her assistant will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with faculty, honors people, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Sometimes mail goes to their SPAM folders, so call them if you haven’t heard back within a few business days. These ladies do an excellent job and work very hard</p>

<p>Son’s h.s. transcripts finally sent to UA today, hopefully a decision soon. Took our school forever to finalize the transcripts.</p>

<p>Son saw on his Bama account last night links for honors app were active, so from reading on CC we know that means he is accepted! Feeling very much like this was meant to be, and extremely grateful/proud. ROLL TIDE!!!</p>

<p>Home State: NY </p>

<p>Intended Major: Accounting</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc): CPA track (if there is such a thing at the business school)</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: QB on high school football team, so um, yeah there is that :), will want to play intramural flag football of course, editor on school newspaper, DECA, volunteering. Very social may want to explore Greek but not from a family that knows much about any of that.</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Tour scheduled for 11/2, not staying long enough. Really, can’t wait for the trip… </p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc Will receive presidential scholarship, will apply to Honors College (tonight!), he wants to know more about CBH. will discuss during visit…</p>

<p>One other thing, his transcript posted last friday, our recruiter even emailed us to let us know that day (we knew anyway as he was checking daily), links (“acceptance”) active two business days later…new meaning to efficient and organized? Quite impressive…</p>

<p>Congrats and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Home State: Maryland</p>

<p>Intended Major: Engineering</p>

<p>Will visit November 1 and 2, 2012 with the Engineering department.</p>

<p>My son has already been accepted. He received the letter telling him he received the 2/3 cost of tuition scholarship based on his stats and we are waiting to hear about the College of Engineering’s scholarship. Has has an ACT score of 31 and a 4.11 GPA weighted.</p>

<p>He has also applied to the Honors College</p>

<p>Welcome and congrats. Your son should soon hear from the Col of Eng’g in regards to his other scholarship award of an additional 1/3 tuition plus 2500 per year. (Amazing!)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Have you contacted Allison and Susan in the Honors College? If not, please do so. The info is in Post #69</p>

<p>I’m not officially accepted yet, but I can see the new tabs and honors college app on mybama!</p>

<p>Home State: Wisconsin</p>

<p>Intended Major: Physics and either math or computer science</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Most of my time is spent being the debate captain, but I also do forensics, model UN, and math team. I play guitar and bass or read when I get the time.</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? - I drove around the campus with my family in the spring, but haven’t gone on an official visit yet. We probably will around Thanksgiving break.</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc - I know I’m qualified for presidential and will possibly get the National Merit add-ons as well. I’ll definitely be applying to the honors college, CBH, and maybe UFE. I’ll also be looking into applying to join/live with Mallet Assembly as well.</p>

<p>Roll tide :]</p>

<p>Hey Everyone,
Dont want to jump the gun, but my son just called me to say that their are two extra tabs on his mybama account “tech” and “student” and he now has access to freshman deposit and the honors application. Does this mean that he is accepted? No official word received yet via email or otherwise.</p>

<p>The school deposit isn’t refundable, but the housing deposit is refundable. The housing app fee ($25) is not refundable.</p>

<p>The issue is this…if your son waits til spring to deposit, then he may not be happy with what’s available. If he ends up having to deposit before he knows for sure, then he might as well deposit soon so that he’ll have the best choices as options.</p>

<p>NYB and Takingback…usually extra tabs mean accepted!!</p>

<p>Congrats to all!</p>

<p>Posting for me DD</p>

<p>Home State: Texas (Dallas area)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Chemistry </p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc)
Pre-Med</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Marching band in HS (does not want to in college as she wants to attend a game w/o having to wear a uniform). Church, Friends, Football games, shopping (she’s a girl)</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
Yes, 2 weeks ago. Went to the game against Ole Miss (ROLL TIDE), she fell in love after that alone! Took the campus tour on Monday 10/1 in which while we were on it she found out her MyBama tab opened up :slight_smile: Her dad is a native BamaBoy and is VERY HAPPY! My DD17 is ready to go to Bama as well :slight_smile: Mom, myself, thinking about looking for real estate so we have a place to stay while in town as the lodging is so limited :wink: </p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc
Waiting on scholarships. Not sure about Honors College. Decided she wants to live in the dorms vs the suites. Will pledge Greek.</p>