Roll Call! Accepted Students for Fall 2013! Post here! :)

<p>For DS:</p>

<p>Male from Tennessee</p>

<p>Intended major: Mechanical engineering</p>

<p>Interests: Band, ultimate frisbee, gaming</p>

<p>Visited last spring.</p>

<p>Will try for CBH. Has presidential elite scholarship.</p>

<p>And the hits just keep on coming. Congrats and welcome to all.</p>

<p>Replying for my DD</p>

<p>Female from CT</p>

<p>Intended major: Math and Economics</p>

<p>Hobbies and Interests: Volleyball, Hockey, Softball, etc, pretty much any sport but field hockey!</p>

<p>Visited in Sept. 2 days before she broke her ankle so good timing there. DS is a happy junior so she had seen campus once before and has heard all about the Honors College etc.</p>

<p>Qualifies for Presidential Scholarship and is only applying to 3 schools so attending Bama is very likely.</p>

<p>Hope the ankle is mending! </p>

<p>Another student from Conn!</p>

<p>I will post for my son.</p>

<p>Gender:M</p>

<p>Home State:MA, Boston suburb</p>

<p>Intended Major:undecided, possibly business </p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc)maybe Pre-Law</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests:Sports, Friends, Girls, will probably play club lacrosse</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?Hope to visit in February. I’m trying to convince him, but he wants to see where else he is accepted first.</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc. Still has to submit scholarship app</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Welcome fellow New Englanders! I am from RI. We have a nice amount of kids from up North. If you have any logistics questions or anything really, feel free to ask. My S is a freshman and is loving Bama.</p>

<p>Posting for DS</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Currently living in Illinois, north shore. Originally, Texas</p>

<p>Intended Major: Engineering</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) Pre-Med</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Cross Country, Track, Double Bass, getting out of snow country</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? DS visited in August, alone, as his Dad was stuck in the hospital for cancer treatment, with me at his side. Everyone on campus was very welcoming, son spent part of the day with a Metallurgy Grad student, came home extremely pumped.</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc: </p>

<p>Completed honors application today, expect he will be accepted. ACT 30, but 3.3 GPA due to some difficult/unusal circumstances, so had to complete scholarship application, done today. We shall see on scholarships. Interested in UA Fellows. Spent 7 years in Europe in an Int’l school, we’ll also have to see if he’s interested in any more time abroad, but I doubt it. We feel like Alabama is a great fit for our son, looking forward to what the next 4 years brings!</p>

<p>Let me preface by saying that I hope everyone in Hurricane Sandy’s path comes through safely. We’re just outside Washington, DC in Maryland and it’s already raining cats and dogs.</p>

<p>My son and husband are scheduled to fly out on Thursday to visit Bama on Friday. I’m praying this happens, but with the expected power outages - who knows?</p>

<p>My son was accepted to the College of Engineering and received both the 2/3 full scholarship and the College of Engineering scholarship which covers full tuition. He also is the recipient of the $10,000 Engineering Leadership Scholarship.</p>

<p>He was also accepted to the Honors College.</p>

<p>WOO HOO!</p>

<p>Thanks to College Confidential and mom2collegekids. Longtime lurker who discovered Bama and their excellent scholarship program because of her very informative postings.</p>

<p>My son has also applied to our state flagship the University of Maryland at College Park, VA Tech and Rice University.</p>

<p>We’re very excited about Bama though and I’m hoping his visit leads to him seriously consider the school. I just don’t see how we can pass it up.</p>

<p>Again, stay safe everybody!</p>

<p>Hi!

<p>Home State: Florida (southwest)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Chemical Engineering with a minor in Biology</p>

<p>Pre-Professional Track: Pre-Med</p>

<p>Hobbies/ Interests: Copy editor of the yearbook, active in church youth group, tutoring/mentoring elementary kids, Running, Photography, Crafts! </p>

<p>I visited Bama over the summer with some friends. Was able to take a tour (the bus’ AC was out and it was HOT). Loved everything about it though! Trying to convince my parents to let me go back up sometime this spring</p>

<p>Honors college, NMSF, Engineering leadership scholarship</p>

<p>Welcome!!!</p>

<p>Bump…</p>

<p>Son accepted with great scholarship, but probably only attending if he doesn’t receive solid merit awards from his favorite schools. Good to be accepted though.</p>

<p>Sent from my SCH-I510 using CC</p>

<p>Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State : Washington (Vancouver area)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Undecided</p>

<p>Professional Track: None</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Reading, volunteering, friends, baking</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama?: no yet! I’m hoping to visit early december</p>

<p>Anything else: Admitted w/presidential scholarship, Honors College!</p>

<p>Gender: Female </p>

<p>Home State: Arizona (Feels like the only one out there!)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Communicative disorders</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: Communicative disorders is kind of a pre-professional track, since grad school is needed</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Music! Choir, percussion ensembles, dance… </p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
Not yet! Hoping to fly out for Capstone Scholar’s Day in January</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include: Not 100% that this is where I’m going, but with such a generous merit scholarship for an out-of-state student, at a school ranked higher than all the in-state AZ schools, it’s impossible for me to cross this school off my list. Hopefully I’ll love it when I visit!</p>

<p>Home State: New York</p>

<p>Intended Major: Chemical Engineering</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) Undecided</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests:Running (cross country, track), reading, karaoke, soccer, gaming, movies, volunteering, sports.</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Not yet, but I plan on visiting when I can.</p>

<p>Hey everyone.</p>

<p>Home State: Illinois, specifically the St. Louis Metro Area</p>

<p>Intended Major: Engineering</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Golf, computers, video games, volunteer activities</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? I visited in June of this year. My family and I did a general tour of the campus, and we really liked what we saw. The tour was run great, and despite it being a crappy, rainy day, the campus looked wonderful.</p>

<p>At the moment I sent a single-choice application to Princeton, so if I get accepted, I’ll go there. However, since it’s a tough school to get in to, I’m almost certain I’ll be attending the University of Alabama. Also, I’ve received the Presidential Scholarship and the $2,500/yr engineering scholarship.</p>

<p>I got to visit campus this past Friday and had a great visit. The most surprising part of the visit was the hospitality of the people we talked to. Everyone was very friendly and excited to answer our questions. Several people mentioned that it was dead week before finals next week so many students were in the library or in their dorms studying. The weather also wasn’t the greatest, so that also kept many students inside. The campus was amazing, despite the amount of students that stayed inside. There was a lot of open space and the architecture of the buildings was very impressive. It really felt how I pictured college would be. Obviously, there would be more student interaction when finals weren’t hanging over everyone’s heads, but I still had a great visit. Now I just have to pay the enrollment deposit and housing fee and I’ll be good to go.</p>

<p>Welcome!</p>

<p>Where are you from? What will your major be?</p>

<p>Posting for my DD</p>

<p>Gender:F</p>

<p>Home State:VA</p>

<p>Intended Major: Physics- Astrophysics track </p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) Planning to go to grad school</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Rowing, Creative Writing, Astronomy</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
No, we will visit in spring if she decides to attend.</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc.
Presidential Scholarship, qualifies for the “Come Back to Alabama” Native American Scholarship (no idea how much it will be), Honors College.</p>

<p>My husband went to HS in Alabama and has been a long time fan. He would love to see DD go there. Also his father still lives nearby.</p>

<p>Welcome!!</p>

<p>No, we will visit in spring if she decides to attend.</p>

<p>I hope she visits before she decides! Visiting may help with her decision! :)</p>