Roll Call! Accepted Students for Fall 2013! Post here! :)

<p>Posting re: My daughter</p>

<p>Home State: Oregon</p>

<p>Intended Major: Undecided</p>

<p>Interests: Languages/linguistics, creative writing, travel</p>

<p>Visited?: Planning on attending Capstone Scholars Day in January (hotel suggestions welcome)</p>

<p>Accepted to Honors College and very pleased with the generous scholarship offers. Our family has no ties to Alabama whatsoever, but it’s a strong contender based on what we’ve learned on this site – many , many thanks to all of you, and most especially mom2collegekids for the wealth of info here and on the scholarship forum.</p>

<p>Welcome!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Congrats to all the new students and welcome aboard!!</p>

<p>May I be the first of many to say Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Georgetown, DC</p>

<p>Intended Major: Double Major in Journalism and Public Relations with minor in Fashion Retail</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Tennis, Volunteering at Special Olympics and Nursing Home, Singing, fashion</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Im visiting after my exams in January!</p>

<p>I qualify for the Presidential Scholarship and will hopefully be in Honors College!</p>

<p>This is so exciting! Congratulations everyone, and cant wait to meet everybody come August!!
Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Gender: F</p>

<p>Home State: Georgia</p>

<p>Intended Major: Environmental Science</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: None so far!</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: running, hiking, exploring, dancing, listening to music, having fun, writing!</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
No unfortunately I have not, but I plan to do so in January :)</p>

<p>Posting for my son</p>

<p>Home state: IL Chicago suburbs</p>

<p>Major: Business</p>

<p>Interests: sports- baseball, football; Fraternity</p>

<p>His 1st visit was in Nov and he loved it! We’re going back in Jan for Capstone Scholars Day. Thanks so much for all the helpful info on CC!</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Maryland (Just outside DC)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Environmental Science</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) None as of now</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Soccer, Volleyball, Journalism</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Scheduled to visit in January</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc : Accepted into Honors College.</p>

<p>hello can u send me some information</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>What kind of info do you want? The university doesn’t manage this forum.</p>

<p>I just got The Letter from UAB! :slight_smile:
Is there a forum devoted to UAB? </p>

<p>Gender: M</p>

<p>Home State: WA</p>

<p>Intended Major: Biomedical Engineering</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) Pre-Med</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Science!, Medical stuff, computers? lol, scientific research, video production</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?: Probably not, unless invited to, due to finances.</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc: I’m waiting for a response for the Engineering Honors college, the Experiential Learning program, and the Science and Tech program.</p>

<p>UAB is a great safety for me. I think this will be my main safety.</p>

<p>My son and I are attending the Scholar’s Day on Jan 19. Is anyone else planning to attend? We are driving in from Atlanta on the 18th. Looking forward to meeting other people going to Alabama!</p>

<p>I’ll make a thread about CSDay. </p>

<p>Welcome!</p>

<p>DS: </p>

<p>Home state: WI
Major: engineering (TBD)
Interests: travel, school/parish groups & activities
Campus visit: we are driving down for Capstone Scholars Day</p>

<p>He is still considering some other options but so far, everything about Alabama seems very positive! can’t wait to see the campus this weekend.</p>

<p>Just got accepted today :slight_smile: YAY!!!</p>

<p>Gender: M</p>

<p>Home State: Chicago IL</p>

<p>Intended Major: Electrical Engineering</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc): N/A</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, Chess, Video Games, Headphones, Electronics in general, Food, Meeting new people, and lots more.</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
As much as I want to visit, I probably can’t. Family can’t afford the airfare at this time. </p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc
Waiting to here back from Honors College.</p>

<p>Glad to be apart of the Alabama community. Roll Tide</p>

<p>Home State:Georgia</p>

<p>Intended Major:Pre-med and Chemical Engineering</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable:pre-Medical</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests:Theatre, Dance, cooking, community service</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? Yes, once over the summer, and again Tomorrow for the BUI Interview</p>

<p>Applied to the Honors College, also being interviewed for BUI tomorrow! So nervous but so excited!</p>

<p>Congrats and good luck!!</p>

<p>Home State: IL</p>

<p>Intended Major: Geography</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: None</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball, anime/manga, history, reading, </p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? I have not visited yet, but will definitely have to. Probably sometime in March</p>

<p>Got into the Honors College!</p>

<p>Congrats and Welcome!!</p>

<p>emmymillions, have you joined the facebook group yet and/or are you on the roommate finder? You should definitely visit! We’re in Tuscaloosa now and it’s really great!</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Coming from Florida, Born in Hawaii</p>

<p>Intended Major: Restaurant and Hospitality Management</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Football, Creating and Designing Things, Cooking, Watching Reality Television, Chatting, Shopping, Scrapbooking, etc.</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? Not Yet
If so, when did you visit?
If not, will you do so? During Bama Bound Orientation</p>

<p>Might possibly live in the Military Dependents LLC in Mary Burke Hall otherwise I’ll live in a single.</p>