Roll Call! Accepted Students for Fall 2013! Post here! :)

<p>Welcome! :)</p>

<p>The “Student” tab became available in “MyBama” today and I’m able to click on “Admitted Freshman” and "Submit Deposit’ tabs! No email yet though. Does this mean I’m in?! :)</p>

<p>Will they follow up with email…or hardcopy letter?</p>

<p>^ It means you’re in, Kimmie. Welcome to UA, and Roll Tide! You will receive hardcopy letter in a few days.</p>

<p>Thank you, Chardo!</p>

<p>Today is a good day. :)</p>

<p>Kimmie, </p>

<p>You’re in!</p>

<p>Welcome and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Plano, TX</p>

<p>Intended Major: Chemical or Mechanical Engineering</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Football, Track and Field, Music</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? I’ve not visited and currently don’t have plans. Hopefully, we can make the trip around spring break.</p>

<p>Have received the Presidential Scholarship and Engineering Leadership Scholarship</p>

<p>Alabama was a last minute add to the application list. We don’t know much about the school yet but have been impressed by the generous scholarship offers and look forward to learning more.</p>

<p>Welcome to the newest students!</p>

<p>Posting for my son:
Male
Clifton, VA (suburb of DC)
Double in computer science and political science (techically a dual vs a double)
Visited last February and also an Honors visit in October .<br>
Grandmother went to 'Bama so grew up hearing Roll Tide
Interested in computer games, political discussion, does lots of volunteer work with ESL.<br>
Plans to attend Outdoor action</p>

<p>Please post your acceptances here and include (at least) the following info about yourself:</p>

<p>Gender: F</p>

<p>Home State: Alabama! </p>

<p>Intended Major: Communications</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Reading and debating! </p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? yes! I went to university day in November, and I am going in a few weeks for Panhelenic preview day!</p>

<p>Congrats Hopefullgreek13…</p>

<p>Haven’t received my official letter yet, but after weeks of checking the mybama site off and on I found out that I’ve been accepted! I was so excited that I paid my enrollment and housing deposits on the spot! </p>

<p>Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Florida</p>

<p>Intended Major: English. </p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: I’m looking to go into journalism or perhaps TV production and development. </p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Writing, long distance running, community service / volunteering, TV production and development, journalism, sports, ect</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet?: I have and I fell in love instantly! The architecture, surrounding city, the students…everything about Bama exceeded my expectations. Let me gush for a second - whenever someone mentions how strong Crimson Tide pride is, you better believe that it is STRONG. School spirit is nothing short of infectious. I was hooked before I realized it. In my opinion, there’s not another school in the country like Alabama. That’s for good reason - no one can beat the best! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^^^Awesome post. Welcome and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>getmeouttahere: So glad you are already bursting with the ‘Crimson Tide pride’-</p>

<p>Welcome, welcome!</p>

<p>Welcome! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.</p>

<p>My son was accepted back in December (Presidential Scholarship, yay!). His info:</p>

<p>===========</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Virginia</p>

<p>Intended Major: Business-undecided – I’ve encouraged him to double major (or at least minor) in French since he’s taken 6 years of it in middle/high school!</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: Probably – he has expressed some interest in law</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Sports, video games, piano </p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet: Yes, flew down last spring break. Great experience – highly recommended for any OOS parent/student who <em>thinks</em> they know what sort of school UA is. As an alum of Virginia Tech myself, I was really struck by how much UA/Tuscaloosa reminded me of VT/Blacksburg in terms of size and atmosphere. Different architecture styles and surrounding geography, but otherwise they could be sister schools!</p>

<p>================</p>

<p>He hasn’t made a final decision yet, but is leaning towards Tech (assuming he gets in) because it’s closer to home and he will know at least a few people there. He’s never been one to take risks, so I think he’s hesitant over the idea of going so far from home where he’s not going to know anyone, but the final “cost of attendance” (after any scholarships) at each school will be a big factor!</p>

<p>Hi all!

<p>Home State: Illinois</p>

<p>Intended Major: Biology</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Speech team, Choir, Theatre, Research, Hillel</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Actually flying down TOMORROW to visit! VERY excited! Owe a huge thanks to mom2collegekids for cluing me (and it sounds like many others) into this great school & its scholarship opportunities - took your advice and contacted someone from the Honors College who set up an entire personalized visit day this Friday.</p>

<p>Other: Honors College, presidential scholarship</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone who’s spreading the word about this hidden gem (at least where I live it’s sort of hidden) & roll tide!</p>

<p>^^ Welcome! Let us know how you enjoyed your visit. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Ohio</p>

<p>Intended Major: Marine Science/Biology</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: I’m interested in maybe getting a Ph.D but not sure yet</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Athletics, photography, baking, reading, dogs (I plan to volunteer at a local animal shelter)</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Yes I have, I went down for my first time a week or so ago and knew that I was going to choose UA as soon as I saw campus</p>

<p>I have been accepted into the honors program and I am looking for a roommate who has similar interests as me. If you see this and want to know my contact info just send me a message and I’ll get back to you ASAP!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Welcome to MMC and Haybakes!</p>

<p>My daughter has been accepted for Fall 2013:

<p>Home State: Mobile, AL</p>

<p>Intended Major: Undecided but probably Engineering or History</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: Pre-Law Track</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Alabama Football, reading, cheerleading in HS, dance, Azalea Trail Maids, meeting new friends and of course, an Avid Alabama Football fan ;)</p>

<p>Two of her brothers graduated from Alabama already, one played football, so we have made multiple visits to campus, but we have had two official visits. </p>

<p>Awarded the Collegiate Scholar scholarship, Honors College, College of Engineering Scholarship. She wants to rush in the fall for a sorority. She’s a little hesitant since none of her friends chose to go to Bama and wants to meet someone close to our area enrolling in the Fall that has similar interests.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>