Roll Call! Houston Reception Feb 18th!

<p>Just can’t get enough, so we will attend this year too!</p>

<p>Hope to meet other Class of 2017 incoming freshman and their folks there.</p>

<p>Where will it be held?</p>

<p>2222 West Loop, by the Galleria</p>

<p>They will be in Dallas on the 20th :slight_smile: We are going as well even though we leave the next day for T-Town.</p>

<p>Yes, we will be driving to Tuscaloosa that Thursday as well.</p>

<p>Anyone??? Would love to meet any CCers attending.</p>

<p>Dr. Carr, Dean of College of Engineering will deliver keynote at the reception.</p>

<p>Last call!</p>

<p>Just back from reception.</p>

<p>We met Allison Verhine!!! How can everyone connected to a single institution be so nice and so attractive???</p>

<p>Dr. Carr was wonderful and animated speaker and the tee shirts are cool with an elephant on the back (got a lanyard too!)</p>

<p>Well worth going, even with an hour drive each way in the Houston rain.</p>

<p>Can’t wait to get to Tuscaloosa on Thursday… Roll Tide!</p>

<p>TXArchitect, I am a longtime lurker on this board and just signed up to post today. I cant respond to your PM until I have 15 posts, so I hope you dont mind me posting here. I was the male volunteer at the UA reception, working the registration table handing out name tags and parking validations. Honestly, I was mostly in the way of the young ladies there doing that task. I am pleased your daughter chose UA and I am sure she will have a wonderful experience there. My son is in his 2nd year there. It is a shame that the Texas schools don’t offer as much, but thankfully UA does! I live in Port Neches (South of Beaumont). Please holler at me if I can be of any help to you at all. Good luck to your daughter and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Well, unless I am wrong, we spoke briefly. Danny (our Regional Rep) was standing there too.</p>

<p>It was a great reception. </p>

<p>Beaumont, however, was downright scary at nine pm last night as I drove thru in hard rain and trying to keep up with the 75 mph speed limit (which was apparently taken as merely a suggested “minimum” speed) lol</p>

<p>I had DD call ahead to DH and have him decant the Malbec so not a moment would be wasted upon my arrival. Arrgggh. I hate driving in heavy rain.</p>