ROLL CALL! Who has the flu?

<p>Me. Ugggg.</p>

<p>My husband… who is trying a case in LA…holed up in a hotel room…at the mercy of the concierge.</p>

<p>ME! On New Year’s Eve!</p>

<p>Two Doctor’s visits and 7 prescriptions later…</p>

<p>Pray God I will NEVER experience 104 degrees again, and I promise I will always, Always, ALWAYS get my flu shot at the BEGINNING of the season.</p>

<p>Roll (coff, hack, snort) Tide - (wheeze)!</p>

<p>i don’t, but i have my second really bad cold since thanksgiving.</p>

<p>the first one took over three weeks to go away.</p>

<p>on day five here, so far.</p>

<p>my kids had it over Christmas. H had got a little bit of it, but not like the boys.</p>

<p>Flu shots :). Asthma in the house so we have mandatory flu shots.
Although, this year it doesn’t matter. Strain in the one going around that’s not in the shot. So, lots of oj, vitamin c and plenty of rest.
Here in Dallas there have been 3 kids that died from it the day after being diagnosed at the hospital :frowning:
Heard one clinic here was shutdown by the state health dept as so many people there were sick and they felt it was contaminated. </p>

<p>It’s not good this year :(</p>

<p>You all get well</p>

<p>Yep…my D is vaccinated and has the flu. Spent a miserable couple of hours at the clinic, but walked away with a Tamiflu script…so it was worth it.</p>

<p>They were saying on our news this morning if your child comes down with flu symptoms, don’t take them to the dr- call instead. I think 2 have recently died in Ohio from the flu including a college student.</p>

<p>Just got my flu shot tonight. Had to drive 9 miles to the one CVS drugstore that still had them. Hope it isn’t too late.</p>

<p>NYBama, here on the news they have said it takes 2 weeks for the shot to be fully effective and it is still worth getting vaccinated. </p>

<p>So many kids in our school district had the flu and missed exams the week before Christmas that this Monday, the day before school was starting back for 2nd semester, they had the schools open to do makeup exams. </p>

<p>Got an automated call this afternoon from the school district telling people to keep their kids home for at least 24 hours AFTER all flu symptoms have passed and no fever for 24 hours without the help of any medication, tylenol/advil. Even said if you even think your child is coming down with something to keep them home. </p>

<p>It’s scary this year.</p>

<p>D got her flu shot back in October during one of the vaccine clinics on campus. Flu hit her hard the day after she got home for Christmas break. H had pneumonia during Christmas and I’ve been battling the cold from $"*#!</p>

<p>My brother caught it from the baby sitter then it turned into pneunomia. Then the rest of my family including me had it during Christmas break. That is the worst I have ever been sick.</p>

<p>No flu yet (we rarely get sick) and no flu shot. We are living on the edge. Hope it doesn’t come back and bite us on the behind!</p>

<p>NY Gov. Cuomo just declared a health emergency in NY State due to a pandemic outbreak of the flu.</p>

<p>Turns out mine is bronchitus.</p>

<p>Get Well Soon, TXArchitect!!! Thoughts are with you!</p>

<p>I am relieved it is bronchitus…I am highly allergic to mercury preservatives such as the Thimerisol used in the most common flu vaccine this year, and have been unsuccessful in finding the un-preserved version or the nasal version.</p>

<p>My Mom, bless her heart, used to let me break thermometers so I could play with the pretty Mercury…</p>

<p>Just hope I can avoid the flu…</p>

<p>TXArchitect, feel better soon! Bronchitis can be quite miserable. I have been plagued by it almost every year for decades. I too remember playing with the mercury on the floor when the thermometer fell and broke. It would push around but you couldn’t pick it up. Who knows if it’s still there in some crack!</p>

<p>TxArchitect: Feel Better, I always call my doc well in advance of flu season to remind them to order the vaccine without preservatives.</p>

<p>If that fails, ask if they can give you two doses of pediatric vaccine without preservatives. That’s what my own dr. does.</p>

<p>This is from the CDC website:
If adult inactivated influenza vaccine is not available, can a high-risk adult or a high-risk child receive the pediatric product (thimerosal preservative-free 0.25 ml dose) as long as they are given 0.5ml?</p>

<p>If there is not an adequate supply of adult formulation, providers vaccinating high-risk individuals requiring 0.5mL of influenza vaccine when the provider has only the 0.25mL prefilled syringes of pediatric vaccine may choose to give two separate injections of the 0.25mL product to protect the high-risk individual. Providers should never attempt to transfer vaccine from one syringe to another for the purpose of administering only one injection.</p>

<p>See link:
[CDC</a> - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Q & A: Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Dosage & Administration](<a href=“http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/vaxadmin.htm]CDC”>Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Dosage & Administration | CDC)</p>

<p>I will drop by Walgreens tomorrow to inquire about the pedi shots. Thank you.</p>

<p>And I must have had mad mercury skilz, because I had a prescription vial FULL of the stuff, in the same bin as my Creepy Crawlers set, my Monkees 45s, my Tiger Beat magazines and my Wheel-o!</p>