Rolling admissions

<p>I don't completely understand the rolling admit process. Say I submitted my application on August 1st, but sent my last updated rank and a typed resume on November 15th, and say someone else submitted their complete application on October 10th. Would my application be looked at first because I already had sent something despite sending my rank and resume later? Or will the other applicant be considered first because he/she sent everything in one go? </p>

<p>Please help me understand which one is a good or bad idea. Thank you :)</p>

<p>Rolling Admissions means as you are qualified for admission, you are notified of your decision to be admitted to the university and to your requested major (should it be available) VS waiting for all applications to be submitted then releasing all results on a certain day.</p>

<p>In your scenario, the completed application is reviewed first - applications have to be complete to be reviewed. Your initial contact is not a placeholder, it is just a matter of items being already processed on the admissions ‘checklist’ that speeds up your decision process versus someone starting later with all documents.</p>

<p>Priority dates work like this: completion of file for application for admission, completion of housing application for housing ( after being admitted to university & within 30 days - new system this year), completion of NSC application for NSC (after admission-new system this year).</p>

<p>Thank you!
My specific scenario is that I applied with a complete application about halfway between the opening date to apply and the last date. However, my rank increased to place me in top 25%, which I was able to send a week before the deadline. </p>

<p>In my case, I had already sent a complete application, I just sent an updated rank later, which significantly improved my chances from what I had previous. Would you mind explaining how my application would fall under the “time table” for rolling admissions? :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Also, is it true that applying as an international student is harder?</p>