Rolling Admissions

Yep, I’m familiar with both schools. Thanks again.

Exactly! DS had a friend at George who transferred in mid semester in the fall from another BS. Long story (not disciplinary), but the point is that admissions will consider applications outside the normal timeline if they are able and the student is a good fit.

My advice above, though, still holds. Try to move quickly if you can as it will be easier to be considered now - pre M10 - than later when schools may or may not be going to their WL.

As others have said, research what schools are a good fit and then reach out. I know of even a few HADES schools who have offered a spot in the summer in recent years. In that case, kids on the w/l have accepted at other schools but inevitably someone moves, has a change of life circumstances, etc. so there’s a spot or two. FA may be gone but you never know about that either—no harm in asking! It’s much less common at these schools but the point is there may be more options than you think. If you have a subject, activity, talent, athletic ability that can help as well so be sure to include that when reaching out to admissions. Put together a one page “resume” to include when you reach out to make it even easier for you to be considered. So many great schools out there—best of luck in your search!

1 Like