Rolling Engineering admissions...late ACT/SAT??

<p>Hi everyone! I know A&M has rolling admissions and its in your best advantage to apply the week that it opens up. I was wondering if your chances are hurt if you do not submit your standardized testing scores until a month or so after. I guess that also poses another question, can you even submit an application without standardized testing scores?</p>

<p>I advise that you apply the day Apply Texas opens… actually within the hour. Engineering is not only the most difficult to get into, but the most popular. If are in the Top 10% of your HS then you are an auto admit no matter your test scores. My S submitted his first sitting for the SAT and then later took it again. Engineering is most concerned with your Math score along with a Math Placement Test you must take before registering.</p>

<p>My son applied a couple of weeks after it opened and was accepted to engineering during the first wave of admits. As long as you do it during the first month you should be fine. As stated you can always send updated scores.</p>

<p>From what I remember, the application is not considered complete until they have your scores. So yes, you need to submit it all at once, however, like other people have said, you can submit additional scores later.</p>

<p>Adding to this question…not for engineering, but for general studies probably…DD has a great GPA, but about 30% rank and not great test scores. She will be retaking the SAT. Should she go ahead and apply or wait for the retest? If she is denied based on those test scores and then does much better the 2nd time, do we appeal?</p>

<p>Chances are she won’t be ‘denied’ before you can submit additional scores. The order seems to be accept first then deny later in the cycle. I would apply and update scores. My understanding that if person 1 applies on Aug 1 but updates scores, they get ‘credit’ for interest … person 2 who applies in Nov. after better test scores isn’t deemed as ‘interested’. IMO… not official, but just the way it seems to go. It sure seems like they look at what your best attempt at getting into school is, rather than you didn’t do so well in round 1… good luck!</p>

<p>Ideally, you’d want to have everything submitted no later than Oct. 15th.
Last year I sent my application very early in October, received my acceptance one week later, and then my eng acceptance by the end of the month.</p>

<p>It’s probably not in your best interest, but might as well share my story. I didn’t apply until the day before the deadline for A&M and didn’t have auto admission. I took the ACT that November and submitted my scores(which got me academic auto admission) early January and got into Engineering a few weeks later. While it’s best to apply early, it’s still definitely possible to get it applying late. </p>