Rollins College

Accepted to Rollins College with good merit money - not a lot of information on the school though on CC…wondering if anyone has experience with Rollins and what that has been.

You might read reviews on niche. Just google Rollins College + Niche.

It has a country club reputation - I hear that from colleagues I call on in Orlando but I hear it’s a fine school.

Good luck.

We visited Rollins as part of my S21 college journey. Beautiful campus. It’s a small school so great for a kid who wants that close environment. When we toured, the tour guide was greeted by name by pretty much every student and staff who walked by.

The cons for my son were 1. the Orlando traffic 2. Not a lot of school spirit for athletics. The soccer team was having a banner year and the tour guide told us nobody goes to the games.

Rollins is one of my favorite colleges. I visited the town when my daughter played in high school and in college (same conference). It is a really cute town with Amtrak right downtown, shops, a golf course…all right there.

I loved their lacrosse (women’s) coach, the announcer who actually knew the rules of the game (unlike my daughter’s school’s announcer). That team received a lot of support at games.

In the thread ‘the college that got away’, I listed Rollins.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.