Ron Brown Scholar Program

<p>Dang. I shouldn’t have read this. Now I’m gonna be freaking out until next Monday.</p>

<p>OMG I just found out that I’m a 2010 RON BROWN FINALIST ! =') Me and my mother just broke down and cried for a little while! My heart was pounding out of my chest when Vanessa Evans called my cell. God has been so good to us all; he deserves the praise for this! I’m so HAPPY!</p>

<p>WOW, congratulations justadream92, that is a huge accomplishment. Do you get to go to D.C.? Your screen name is quite appropriate right now, although it is real! :)</p>

<p>Thank you so much GAMOM! It definitely feels like a dream right now. I remember reading the student profiles of past scholars on the website and now, in just a few weeks, by own profile and picture will be displayed to help inspire those who come after the graduating Class of 2010. It’s just amazing! Yes, I do get to go to DC!</p>

<p>Dang. Now I’ve lost hope. But congrats justadream! I’m sure you deserve it!</p>

<p>Hey ExcitedG please don’t loose hope! They said they’ll be contacting people by monday so don’t get discouraged. Either way, I’m sure you’re amazing nonetheless and you’re going to go far no matter what!</p>

<p>Hahah thanks. Make sure you have fun in D.C! Find Obama for me. :)</p>

<p>I knew you’d get it justadream92. You’re amazing. Congrats!!! :D</p>

<p>But ExcitedG, I understand how you feel. I don’t think I got it either. :/</p>

<p>Did they still do the phone interviews this year?</p>

<p>I’d imagine that they didn’t, since no one here posted that they received a call. Or maybe they just did it for their short list and I never got a call. :(</p>

<p>No I think they just notify finalists at the end. Last year it seemed as though only certain people got interviewed before finding out if they were a finalist or not. That was probably for people they were on the edge about whether to choose them as finalists or not. And oh well if we don’t get it we should be psyched to have gotten this far and there are so many other scholarships. :D</p>

<p>Haha, agreed. I’ll do my best to be optimistic about getting shot down by not one, but TWO scholarship committees. ;)</p>

<p>Did you do Questbridge? I got finalist in Questbridge but didn’t get the college match. :confused: And if I don’t get this one it’ll be the 4th one I was rejected from.</p>

<p>I didn’t do Questbridge. Once I saw the whole income bit, I knew there would be no point in applying.</p>

<p>But ouch. Four? That’s rough.</p>

<p>omg i’m freaking out. some woman called that my dad didn’t know the name of…and she’s calling back in 20 minutes…help me god.</p>

<p>YES!!! I’m a finalist!!! There’s 16 of us and up to 11 get the scholarship. :D</p>

<p>WOW! That’s great to hear, ExcitedG. Congratulations!! :D</p>

<p>congrats!
did the woman tell you all the finalists have been notified?</p>

<p>Thanks! And no she didn’t specify anything else about the other finalists really so there’s still hope.</p>

<p>^Eh…I would imagine that if they wait until Monday to tell you, it’s because there’s nothing wonderful to say…</p>