Room & Board Costs

<p><a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/pdfs/2011-2012_Residence_Hall_Rates.pdf[/url]”>http://housing.ua.edu/pdfs/2011-2012_Residence_Hall_Rates.pdf</a></p>

<p>Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest (4 bedroom unit)… $4,050.00
Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest (2 bedroom unit)…. $4,525.00
Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest (1 bedroom unit)…$4,900.00</p>

<p>Am I right in thinking that for the 4 bedroom unit, the $4,050 would be split between 4 people, the 2 bedroom price would be split between two people, and the 1 bedroom student would pay the entire cost?</p>

<p>What I’m asking is if I went for the 2 bedroom in Ridgecrest, would my roomate and I both each be paying $2,262.50? Or would we both pay $4,525?</p>

<p>$4525 each, per semester.</p>

<p>The cost is per person, per semester.</p>

<p>You can keep costs down by going the traditional dorm route of two people per room as opposed to the honors suites:</p>

<p>UNDERGRADUATE HALLS
Double occupancy or higher … $2,525.00 Single … $3,000.00 Blount Hall (double occupancy bedroom) … $3,250.00 Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest (4 bedroom unit)… $4,050.00 Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest (2 bedroom unit)… $4,525.00 Riverside, Lakeside, Bryant, Ridgecrest (1 bedroom unit)…$4,900.00</p>

<p>***Note if you choose a Non Honors housing option you cannot choose Honors housing later.</p>

<p>I continue to get the impression that if you go traditional, non-honors housing, then you basically have only one year of on-campus housing. Is that accurate, or is there a good chance that DS, living in Burke next year, could return his sophomore year, and live on campus again? Thanks for clarifying!</p>

<p>You could choose to live on-campus all four years if you wanted to. You’re only required to live on-campus during your freshman year (unless exempt, of course).</p>

<p>As there is a large demand for on-campus housing, there is no guarantee that a student not in a Living Learning Community (honors housing is a LLC) will be able to live on campus during future years. Students are welcome to apply to live on campus, provided that they request to do so by February 1st, but housing may put them on a waitlist as opposed to letting them continue with the recontracting process starting February 2nd.</p>

<p>*What I’m asking is if I went for the 2 bedroom in Ridgecrest, would my roomate and I both each be paying $2,262.50? Or would we both pay $4,525? *</p>

<p>You would EACH pay 4525 for EACH semester…about $9k per year EACH person.</p>

<p>If you think about it, paying 2262 for a private bedroom is waaaay too little. No one charges that little for a private room…especially one in a suite with a living room and kitchenette. </p>

<p>Schools don’t “split” dorm costs…posted prices are “per person”. You also have to look to see if the cost is per semester, per quarter, or per year. Some schools post their prices differently. </p>

<p>If you want a lesser expensive dorm, then choose a Standard Double (which is what most colleges offer). Those are about $5k per year - per person.</p>

<p>You have the Presidential and Engineering scholarships, right? You also have an ACT 35. Did you find out if you’ll get another scholarship for your ACT? You should look into that.</p>

<p>Yes I do have the two scholarships, but I never heard anything back about the extra $ for the high ACT. Hopefully I’ll hear something about that in March when they send out the official offers.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Who did you contact? PM me for how to proceed.</p>