Room Selected--Ridgecrest South, North Tower!

<p>We got what my D wanted: a B room in Ridgecrest South, North Tower, 2nd floor (same floor as laundry room). She’s the only one in there right now, and she wants random roommates. :)</p>

<p>For some reason, the other 3 rooms aren’t pulling up for me when I search on availability. If anybody wants to room with her, send me a PM, and I’ll try to pull you in.</p>

<p>Congrats!! I know how happy & relieved we were last year when lil bro got the dorm/floor/room of his choosing. Hope everyone else is getting the spots they want as well.</p>

<p>Well, we had a major technical glitch. Good thing I discovered it now.</p>

<p>The 3 other spaces in her suite would not release and show they were available.</p>

<p>I logged in again with another browser, and it was showing 2 GUYS in the suite with her! Luckily, I was still able to find her a room on the second floor. She didn’t get the B room she wanted, but she got the A room on the left-hand side of the suite. So she’s good to go.</p>

<p>Now we just need to get the boyfriend and his friend into a suite on the same floor, for maximum happiness tonight! He can’t log on until 8, though.</p>

<p>I logged in again with another browser, and it was showing 2 GUYS in the suite with her!</p>

<p>LOL…well, you said that she wanted random roomies. :)</p>

<p>Are they allowing co-ed suites now??? :)</p>

<p>Question: I picked a room in Ridgecrest South North Tower as well (119). But when I look at my room assignment, even though it states at the top room 119, it doesn’t include 119 A-D. It has 120A, 120B, 119C, and 119D. That is all one room, right?</p>

<p>My son was able to secure a room in Ridgecrest South North Tower…on 2nd floor…he pulled in a boy (well, they are still all boys in my eyes) and then 2 randoms. Didn’t know the laundry was on the 2nd floor, so good news…now he just has to use it!</p>

<p>D’s boyfriend managed to get into the suite right next to hers, and they have another good male friend a few suites down the hallway. All on the 2nd floor!</p>

<p>My son is Trey McMeans…sounds like they will be floor mates - where are your kids from, BamaMom2Be?</p>

<p>Yay! DS got Ridgecrest South North - just what he wanted. Floor 3, so laundry is downstairs… but he has the kitchen on his floor. Scholarship letter rec’d today - check. Housing confirmed - check. Bama Bound scheduled - check. Outdoor Action spot reserved - check. I think this is really happening. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>My S is on floor 2 too, rut roh. I may have to quit CC ;)</p>

<p>My D and her friend are from Sparkman High School in Madison County. Her boyfriend is homeschooled and lives in south Huntsville. Any of these boys in suite 205 or 212? If so, you’ll be rooming with my D’s boyfriend or good friend. I can assure you, they’re both very good kids!</p>

<p>D had 8:00 time slot, so 3rd group for the evening. Based on what people were posting all the rooms in Ridgecrest South North were taken, so she quickly got herself a room on Ridgecrest West and there were plenty to choose from. Then just to check, she looked at R-S-N and behold, there were 2 rooms available with 2 rooms available, so she quickly grabbed one … people must have been switching and moving around I guess. So, she ended up where she wanted in R-S-N first floor. Only strange thing is that although the room stated it was a 4 person suite, there were only 3 rooms in the room A, B, and C. I guess we’re assuming that that means that it may be a triple even though the label on the room stated 4. There was already someone in the room, so my D grabbed one and pulled in her roomy. Done is done … she’s happy!</p>

<p>My son is also in Ridgecrest South- North Tower third floor. He was able to get an empty suite and put himself and three other in. The three others he had met on roomfinder or Capstone Scholars Day. He is happy and so are we. It seemed fast and furious but it did all work out.</p>

<p>Although this may change, I’m also currently in Ridgrecrest South-North Tower, 2nd floor! The suite I selected already had three people in it, so I just put myself in and proceeded to google them. :)</p>

<p>zgrace, are you in 207 by any chance? If so, you’ll be rooming with my daughter! Where are you from? We’re in Madison County, just outside of Huntsville and Madison.</p>

<p>Is Ridgecrest pretty full now?</p>

<p>m2ck … last night, my daughter had the 8:00 pm time slot, so the 3rd group of the day. She had been reading CC that Rc-S-N honors rooms were no longer available, so she quickly grabbed a room in Rc-W. Then for fun, she searched again for Rc-S-N and there were 2 rooms available (she was searching for rooms with 2 or more open slots). As she selected the 1st room, it disappeared, but she WAS able to grab the 2nd room and so she has switched with her roommate to Ridgecrest South (North). She’s happy that she got the “last room” available at that time. Who can tell if housing keeps any in reserve for later registration groups? Right?</p>

<p>Is Ridgecrest South-North so much more desirable? I am getting jealous, LOL. DS does not get to choose until 3/24…I hope that, by then, at least Ridgecrest West will have something left.</p>

<p>Wish we had not dawdled so long!!</p>

<p>Like I said in my other post, I don’t understand why Ridgecrest S is more desireable than Ridgecrest W. We liked the layout of RW better. The living/dining area is bigger. They’re very close to each other. MikeW mentioned on the other thread about RS having underground parking. </p>

<p>If your son is looking for just one room, he’ll probably be able to find something in RW. When it’s his turn to pick, don’t select “all.” When we did that, it showed no rooms available, but when we selected a specific dorm (any floor) a lot of available rooms popped up. </p>

<p>If he’s quick, he’ll have a chance to check his first choice right away, then move on down his list. Things also change quickly, so I would do what Dad2IL’s D did. Ensure he has a room and then keep checking every couple of minutes for his first choice if that was full on his first try. </p>

<p>Good luck!!</p>