Room selection DAY

<p>I’ve never heard of a room starting with 0, but it should be the first floor if it is 111.</p>

<p>haha! that is my daughters room! first floor. 111 steps from the front desk. if you look on google maps their windows are over by the basketball court.</p>

<p>NRDMOM, I am your mysterious roommate’s mother. Funny, I actually picked it because of MikeW’s previous post that I remembered (with no complaint about the room)</p>

<p>Mike, </p>

<p>Too funny! I remember reading your post about that a while back. Now, is that 111 regular steps, or high-heel steps? Cuz, I ordered the rain boots, but Jimmy Choos are NOT on the list!</p>

<p>Class2012Mom - </p>

<p>YAY! We’ve been dying to meet you! We will PM and exchange info - </p>

<p>NRDMOM</p>

<p>regular mommy steps! haha</p>

<p>it is occupied by soph. girls now ( they are all moving to sorority houses or apartments). they are all good girls who don’t party, so no beer stench or vomit! : )</p>

<p>it has the kitchen on the left when you walk in and no anomalies (that i am aware of). </p>

<p>where are your boys coming from?</p>

<p>MikeW - two from IL, one from PA and one from TN.</p>

<p>NRDMOM and Class2012Mom, third mom of the boys in 111 here! I can now sleep easy tonight knowing that my son has somewhere to live! Class2012Mom thanks to your son for making a great pick!</p>

<p>Does anyone know what the numbering layout is for Riverside East or West? (low/high numbers toward center or towards ends?, even/odd toward grassy court or street?)</p>

<p>Lucky Us! When my eldest daughter got her dorm room, it had been occupied by partying guys, I still shudder at the bathroom clean-up I had to do <em>after</em> the bathroom was ‘cleaned up’. </p>

<p>TN (mine), 2 ILL and a PA. I think I have that right.</p>

<p>Conversation with son after room selection while he was reading the Class of 2016 FB page: </p>

<p>“She is in room 404? I could never live in that room.”
“why?”
“It doesn’t exist”
“What? Then why could she sign up for it?”
“Mom, 404-doesnt exist”
“Is that a Harry Potter thing?”
“Mom- computer error: 404- Page does not exist. The room does not exist”. </p>

<p>He is such a nerd. I am such an old fart.</p>

<p>I second that NormalMom - sure beats the garage or elevator scenarios I was envisioning! Thanks, Class2012Mom (and mysterious son) :-)</p>

<p>I am so happy for you all but very jealous too… my D has last pick so not sure what she will end up with. Hoping she will still be able to find some roommates who have earlier dates, but she doesn’t have a lot of time to search. Guess I just have to keep breathing, it will be ok. Congrats!</p>

<p>Josie…a number of girls still looking on the FB page…Has she been watching there?</p>

<p>She received a FB message and a private message, so she will try to get back to them… So darn busy! And I will def. tell her to keep checking there. Thanks!!! I could just do it all of course… haha. NEVER! :-)</p>

<p>Question…it looks like there is an “staff” room next to ours…is that good or bad? We can still move around a bit if it would be better somewhere else. I think we are at one end or the other.</p>

<p>vlines - we are NOT old. We are experienced. And, yes - they are nerds.</p>

<p>wdaveo - do you have a map? You’re holding out on me - give it over!</p>

<p>Does that mean ALL of the empty 4 room suites in RCS-N are now taken, or do they leave some open for other time slots?</p>

<p>they leave open for other time slots. They release some new 4 person suites with each session. At least that is my understanding.</p>

<p>LOL…I don’t have a map. I just went back into room selection and searched to see what rooms were available…and it shows one next to (across from?) ours as “Staff”.</p>