Room selection DAY

<p>Riverside East is closer to the parking lot, which only comes into play if you’re bringing a car and plan to use it a lot. Riverside West is actually closer to the dining hall. There is a bridge between the two that kids use to cross over to the Ferg then on to their classroom buildings.</p>

<p>I am picking for my son tomorrow night. I need 3 slots if I can get them. Which is better… one of the Riversides or Lakeside West?</p>

<p>Don’t know if this was mentioned recently, but wanted to give a heads up that in Riverside West, laundry facilites are on the second and fourth floor. For those aspiring cooks out there, I would hazard a guess that the kitchen is on the first and third floor.</p>

<p>Thanks JosieP. I do feel like a nagging whining mom, it’s awful. At this point, they are all strangers so it doesn’t matter who he rooms with. Just because he has talked on FB with some kids doesn’t mean he would be good roommates with them. I am hoping he makes lots of friends at Outdoor Action. Once he is there, I won’t be able to nag him about being social.</p>

<p>Slippy, did you get your S’s room squared away?</p>

<p>Is there any chance that two girls can still get into a suite at one of the dorms</p>

<p>2012Mom… I pick in about 7 minutes. I’ll let y’all know.</p>

<p>Go Slippy!!!</p>

<p>Riverside East. </p>

<p>Party on, Garth.</p>

<p>Party on, Wayne!</p>

<p>Slippy, is that honors or non honors? What does the availability look like. My son has to wait until April 26 unless someone proxies him in.</p>

<p>Mama, it’s honors. But there is still LOTS of space in Riverside North. He might be able to find a spot pretty easily.</p>

<p>Slippy, there may be lots now, but there is still Tuesday registration before he gets a shot at it. Is your son’s room full?</p>

<p>Yes, it’s full. Sorry.</p>

<p>Parents, students please don’t post room numbers…</p>

<p>Long time lurker, first time poster :slight_smile: My son has one of the last selection times but he met someone online who had an early slot and pulled him into his suite in Ridgecrest South.</p>

<p>Now I’m having second thoughts about the cost and want to get him into Burke if possible. Did anyone who selected tonight notice if there were any spots available in Burke? If not, I’ll bite the bullet and pay for the suite, but I’d really rather not.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>post on the FB page. someone in burke will probably want to trade with you.</p>

<p>As of 10 pm last night, there was not a single (male) spot in Burke. Couldn’t look at females. But, the suggestion to post/switch IS a very good one, as RCS is popular. Post here and on FB and in RMF profile.</p>

<p>@ Proudmama3 - We are in the same boat but maybe a little worse even. Son has selection time on the 26th and will be in TX on a band trip so will not be able to do his own selection. Also, since we were a bit late to fully commit to Bama he has not done any looking for potential roomates to possibly pull him in.</p>

<p>On a positive note I did talk to someone in housing yesterday who seemed fairly confident that they would not run out of Honors housing even though they were getting very short on non-Honors housing. Doesn’t make a parent feel much better, I have the ability to come up with all kinds of sceanarios that would leave him sleeping in a tent with others on the Quad. (just a special talent I have) :-)</p>

<p>I think if you go into the process with very specific criteria (i.e. I need a suite for 4 boys in this particular dorm) then you may end up disappointed. You might not get that exact dorm, or room with the person you’d like to have chosen, but don’t forget that at most schools you don’t get the choice to pick either. I know for a fact that there are still single rooms available for females in RCN-S.</p>

<p>AL34 & I both had kiddos who had a room empty in their honors suite this year; D had a couple of additional friends with the same situation. If you’re looking for a single space, it will work out.</p>