Roomate = Friend?

<p>I heard that it’s not good to have one of your friends as your roommates? Is that true? I want to room with my friend, but I’ve heard cautions against that.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, more often than not, that would be true. Because of the fact that you'll be seeing each other every single day, each person tends to become a burden on the other, and the friendship tends to slowly grow more distant. Also, little arguments may sometimes arise which is normal in roommate situations.</p>

<p>That's not always the case though, because sometimes it does work out. Just be cautious though.</p>

<p>Depends on how close you are to your friend. If he or she is like "family" to you, then it probably won't be much of a problem... but if you two aren't as close... then problems may arise.</p>

<p>I agree that it depends on how close you are to the friend in the first place. My sister roomed with a high school friend that she knew and hung out with, but wasn?t too extremely close too and they got annoyed at each other often. Luckily they had a third roommate though that my sister got along better with!</p>