Roommates??? balcony halls and modular halls

how are you all picking your roommates?? I’ve tried room surf but I’m not about paying for premium lol.
also many people on there are hullabaloo or modular but is anyone considering balcony halls ???

I’m not going to bother with picking a roommate. I’m taking who’s assigned with me and will work on it from there. I signed up for Hullabaloo and two of the modular halls.

I’m not picking a room mate. I’m going random. I have two mods and two balconys as my first second third and fourth respectively. I took a dorm tour and the balconies are very VERY tight, but are the cheapest( they are around 1300 a semester I believe) which makes them more appealing to me

Are any engineer students choosing the LLC at MOSHER? My son was going to go random at first but is rethinking it. He put that as his first choice but has only heard of a handful of anyone choosing it, and those are on the tamu roommate match service that he recently signed up for.
Of course, he likes hullabaloo as second. He is in the first round of assignments and completed housing contract l Nov 7.

Rumor has it that Hullabaloo fills up really fast, like September early.
He has the modular as third and fourth, (Appelt and Hass I think). On the TAMU roommate match, he found one he is thinking of contacting but two who contacted him and corresponded a few times were far more into partying than he is (I wondered if their parents ever see their twitter feed. Many not proud moments lived on Social Media over spring break). Now, he’s really worried about going random.

what is the TAMU roomate match? is it a website?

@anthonys621 https://reslife.tamu.edu/sites/reslife.tamu.edu/files/download/reshalls/amenitiesChartReshalls1617.pdf I though the cheapest plan was Warton. And I didn’t know that any were as cheap as 1300. Are the cost on this list split between the roommates?

Yeah it was 1700 my bad I think I might have been looking at an old website. No the costs on that list is the price per roommate/bed

@telena log onto your residential life online services
https://reslife1.tamu.edu/how1/login.asp
You will need your NetId and password
Residential life online services page should pop up
On the right hand side, scroll down to the last option, :“Find a roommate online service”. You will fill out a very generic profile. The last field is for someone to contact you and to add info you want others to know. Some have left theirs blank for some reason (maybe they didn’t realize you have to put your email or phone number to be contacted and thought you could contact through the system). You have to put your email out there, your number and say if you want texts and/or phone calls, your twitter, etc. You can choose how you want to be matched up using all the fields, be it by major, dorm pref, etc.

@Thelma2 Thanks so much!!

I found my roommate through twitter…we exchanged numbers and we started talking.

@Thelma2 I’m gonna be in the engineering llc and i’m not much into partying, is your son’s info on the roommate match website?

Yes, he is. He likes to do things with friends and is social but is not looking to go Greek or into partying. I can’t say he would never go to one (famous last words) and while he is not a slob, he isn’t a neat freak. Ok, he can be slobby (by my standards) but by most guy standards (no offense) it is likely acceptable.
When was your housing contract done? His is Nov 6 and has an email about priority round, or something like that. I’d have to go read it again.