Roommates?

<p>Hey, I just had a question for current uw students or past.</p>

<p>Is it better to have your roommate assigned to you, or should you use the means of facebook or uroomsurf?</p>

<p>I actually found a guy on FB and we have been basically best friends here, but I wouldn’t say that it’s a typical story by any means. There is no right or wrong way to go about doing the roommate. They survey that UW gives you is completely worthless so if you go in blind it will be totally random. At least with FB you have SOME idea of what the other person is like. At least what they choose to show…</p>

<p>where can i find this FB page? I’m totally interested in meeting people…</p>

<p>UW found that trying to assign roommates using questionnaires instead of using random assignments was no more successful in good matches. People often are not realistic in their self assessments and what they report. All UW students become part of the UW Facebook network if they choose. Choosing a roommate based on Facebook would give you something in common- the fact that you decided to do that. You would have to hurry- you both need to list the same dorms and be willing to take the other’s choice. Dorm assignments will be out in early June, they do the lottery before then.</p>