Rose-Hulman EA class of 2025 Decisions

I am curious why you would think the fasfa would be a bad thing?

I, too, am perplexed about filing FAFSA being a bad thing.

Apologies. I did not mean to say FAFSA is a bad thing. It depends on the EFC and in some cases colleges might reduce the merit if the EFC is high. More of my hypothesis based on many other posts and my own experience rather than a proven fact.

I believe merit is awarded separately from aid. Merit is determined by the admissions office, and need based aid is awarded by FA office.

I suppose anything is possible, though, given I’m not personally involved with these decisions and don’t have first hand information. Based on our own anecdotal experience from last year with my D20 and this year with my D21 so far, we haven’t found filing for financial aid to be harmful to their merit offers.

Rose does not take FAFSA EFC into consideration when awarding merit aid. Federal/Pell Grants and self-assistance are separate from merit.

2 Likes

Congratulations. When will the college notify the merit aid?

My son is accepted and no word on merit aid yet.

Stats: SAT 1579, Math2 800, Physics 800
GPA: weighted 4.34

They already notified. He needs to go on the portal and look at his decision letter, as they were updated on 1/15.

Thanks for your prompt response. K, thanks. I will ask him to check.

He applied on 1/1 (RD) and got accepted on 1/15. We were kid of surprised that we got the results quickly.

@karven2020 Sorry, I did not know you were RD. The 1/15 was for EA folks that applied by November. We got our merit offers a month after we got our decisions. It seems like they are doing rolling admissions now so you may find out sooner!

Got it, thanks again.

Just checking in to see if anyone will be participating in the virtual SPARK program in March for Rose Hulman? D21 signed up – it sounds like fun!

My daughter signed up for virtual Spark.

1 Like

Any idea how many semifinalists were selected for Noblitt and how many finalists will be chosen?

No idea!

Do you have any idea how they will do it this year? I was wondering if they would send any type of kit to the participants? Maybe I’ll have my d email and ask them.

On the faqs for the Noblitt Scholars, it says about 55 finalists will be selected. Curious to know how many semifinalists as well and if there will be additional steps after the video review (interviews, etc).

I had the same question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noblitt decisions are out!

1 Like

So excited and nervous! They still have to complete interviews, right?

2 Likes

Yes, I think we will be getting more information soon. It’s a two day virtual event. My D21 is so excited!!