Rose-Hulman EA Class of 2026 Decisions

Scholarship and financial aid information is sent in mid-January, via Rose-Hulman Admissions Instagram.

3 Likes

My son just emailed me his acceptance notification. So far, he is 3/3: RHIT, MSU and Pitt. We should hear from CWRU (which I think is his current favorite) next week. We hear from Purdue (target) and UofM (slight reach, in-state) in January and February, respectively. We don’t hear from CMU (super, monster, act-of-God, he just applied because Dad is an alum, reach) until April 1. The crazy thing is, until a couple weeks ago RHIT and CWRU were his favorites. Now CMU has bumped RHIT for one of the lead spots. I think he is having trouble getting past the location outside Terre Haute.

I must admit, with all the college application madness the last couple years - COVID and deferred admissions, schools going test optional, applications to quality colleges skyrocketing, and horror stories about students who should have been shoe-ins at schools getting rejected - I feared the worst. This has been quite a relief.

8 Likes

Michigan EA results should be in by late Jan.

ucsuuw, I went back and checked, and yes, it says late Jan for EA decision release. I had February stuck in my head for some reason.

Son admitted.
GPA 3.98, WGPA 4.73. SAT 1460 (M 790, EBRW 670)
5 APs
International, Hispanic

2 Likes

Yep. Excited that my son got in, but tempering that excitement until we hear about $$

2 Likes

My favorite Rose-Hulman student who works in admissions provided some updates about EA this year. On Reddit:

1. The class of 2025 is ~643 students and they aim for 500 or so. Class of 2024 is roughly 550. If they want to maintain stable housing levels and not be overcrowded like this year started out (freshmen living with RAs), they need to admit less 2026 students.

2. Class of 2026 applications were up 17% this year compared to years past. So, on top of needing to admit less to balance out 2024/5ers, they now have more applications to sort through, so even less admits than before (also why they came out on the actual 15th this year, not early like years past).

Tougher to get in this year than years past.

2 Likes

Son got conditional acceptance. AO said that Biology wasn’t on his HS transcript and that he needed to take an online Bio class to fulfill their Bio requirement (he took HS Biology in 8th grade).

He will be withdrawing his app as he received acceptances at several other schools today that were higher on his list. Congrats to everyone.

1 Like

Taking over for my S22 here. .

If we assume the following:

• Yield for this class will match last year’s class
  • Target class size is 500 (which makes sense because it will make the rolling 4-yr average of freshman the same compared to the prior 4-year period)
  • Applications are up 17%, and if we think this also holds true for RD

Then:

• Admit rate has to fall significantly (from the 70s to the 50s by my rough calculation)

In other words, with engineering becoming more and more difficult at large public schools, RHIT will not be under the radar for much longer.

5 Likes

ucscuuw 
 I think the longer term admissions trends are relevant to your analysis. Looking at the common data set from 2013 to 2017 you’ll find they were typically getting very close to ~550 students in each cohort. I’m unsure what happened in 2018 but the yield dropped from ~20% to the ~16% you show above and this caused a drop in enrollment. Unless I’m missing something big the admin was probably REALLY happy to see last years 643 enrolled and may well still want 550+ this year.

Our kids will be getting letters from Rose soon. From Instagram this morning.

5 Likes

Now it’s the school’s turn to say “Pick me! Pick me!”. I like how the tables have turned.

3 Likes

Daughter was accepted on the 15th. She was pleased, but now time to see what, if any, merit money might be offered. We toured the school this past year and she liked the campus and everyone she met while we were there.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the info! My kid was accepted (1560 SAT, 4.0uw, music-heavy ECs)

Is anyone planning to ask for transfer credit evaluation? My kid has 31 dual enrollment credits and will earn 9 more this year. It definitely factors into the financial decision.

Illinois Tech gave us transfer info with acceptance (accepting 35 credits!). WPI doesn’t seem to evaluate credits until you enroll. I wasn’t sure about Rose, but maybe it’s a question for the parent group.

2 Likes

Congrats! The FB Parents Group are really helpful. I’ve seen all sorts of questions asked there, and someone always has something useful to add.

2 Likes

Did anyone get into the Nolbitt Scholar Program?

As far as I know, Noblitt isn’t out yet, but let’s keep in touch!

2 Likes

Last year, Noblitt candidate notifications went out 6 days after the EA decisions, based on this comment:

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I was going to look too.

1 Like

“Thank you for your email. I believe invitations for the Noblitt scholars program will go out tomorrow or Wednesday.”

I emailed the admission office and this is what I got. Hope it helps!

3 Likes