Rosentiel School

<p>I was just accepted into the Rosentiel School with a marine bio major! I noticed that the Rosentiel school is some distance away from the main U campus. Is this a problem/hassle for students? What is it like to have to go back and forth between the two? Also if you would be so kind share your experience with the Rosentiel school.</p>

<p>Congrats on RSMAS! Probably the best marine school in the nation. Very competitive to get into. You’ll want to pm marinebio444 or oceanchem for lots of details. I am sure they will answer you as they both are MB double/triple majors.
Simple answer is that there is a shuttle between campuses and in the first few semesters you don’t need to be there much as many of the course are taught at the CG campus. </p>

<p>Congrats on the acceptance! I’m a Marine Science/Chem Major Freshman. As a Freshman, you won’t be out at RSMAS that often because most of the introduction Marine courses are taught on main campus. However, when you take MSC111 (a required intro to marine science course), you will have a lab out at RSMAS once a week. There is a shuttle that runs from main campus and back about once an hour and it is convenient for labs because the labs are scheduled around the shuttle schedule. The trip can take as little as 20 minutes if you go in the middle of the day and make the lights. However, if you are coming back during rush hour (as I did last semester and am doing for a Chemical Oceanography lab this semester) the trip can take as long as 1:20.
I don’t have much experience at RSMAS other then labs but the campus is great. With the completion of the new building, the resources will be second to none. There is a great marine library there so if you every need a quite place to research or study, there is no place better. Thus far, all of my Marine professors have been great! Amazingly knowledgeable and easy to get along with. Hope this helps and good luck with the rest of senior year. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.</p>

<p>Thank You both for your responses. I am excited to have the opportunity to attend such a great school.</p>

<p>Congrats and welcome to the RSMAS family! Not much I can add to oceanchem’s post outside of being asked specific questions (feel free to PM me as Biocellar pointed out). I’m a Marine Science/Biology/Mathematics triple major Sophomore. Let me know if you have any questions!</p>