RPI vs Purdue for EE and CS ??

<p>Hello all !</p>

<p>I am an international student who got lucky enough to be accepted to both schools. I have to make my decision in the upcoming few weeks. I am going to study electrical engineering with a computer science minor. What do you guys think? shall I attend RPI or Purdue? I only care about the academics, they both have a tough weather and money is not a concern at all.</p>

<p>Looking forward to hearing what you guys think. BTW, I posted this at RPI forum also.</p>

<p>any ideas ?</p>

<p>Ok, here is my 2 cents. We also visited RPI. My daughter hated it! It is in the middle of nowhere, and even though it is a good engineering school, it is only regionally known. We moved to the West Coast from upstate NY, so we knew it’s reputation, but no one here has even heard of it. Purdue has a much better ranking and is known world wide for it’s engineering program. Also the male/female ratio at RPI is 80/20. Just some thoughts.</p>

<p>i agree. that troy isn’t an exciting place to say the least. for an international students, purdue is a better choice.</p>