RSI 2021 - Applicants Thread

I got accepted from Oregon! Would love to connect on the group chat with other RSI admits.

1 Like

thanks! good luck, hopefully we’ll see each other!

1 Like

Yesterday, I was formally notified that my $65 was wasted in vain.

Although it’s not like I was betting on the outcome or anything…

Edit: Every day I log in I become less convinced that this sub is an accurate representation of the average American HS student… how TF does this thread have so many kids accepted into RSI?

2 Likes

Accepted! I’m from the Bay Area. If y’all are starting a group can you pm me on AOPS(my username is hdeep03), I would love to join.

2 Likes

Accepted from GA!! Would love a PM on AoPS @ AsmiK if anyone is putting together a gc.

1 Like

There only a few places for accepted students to try and meet other accepted students: CC, AOPS, and Reddit.

1 Like

yes I did! it was just one word acknowledgement that they received my accept.

Did anyone get accepted as a US citizen living abroad? I was rejected.

Hey guys! International applicant here. If I may, I’d just like to know how many people here are ISEF finalists? Thanks!

aops is thepizzaman123 if anyones starting a group

Accepted from Texas! DM me if you want to join the GC :slight_smile:

1 Like

International Applicant here! Super anxious :slight_smile: can Someone pm me their acceptance email content. ofc with name redacted

There only a few places for accepted students to try and meet other accepted students: CC, AOPS, and Reddit.

What’s AOPS?

Art of Problem Solving. All the strong math kids use them. There is a meaningful overlap between AOPS and RSI. But kids strong in less math intensive areas may not know it.

Hi! I’m an Indian international applicant- does anyone know when the international decisions are released? Also, is there any info on the international acceptance rate?

@hebegebe Thanks! Yeah, my daughter is more of a stEm kid, and less of a steM kid. :slight_smile:

So is the program really gonna be virtual? But didn’t the site mention that it could be on campus?

ya it is virtual that’s what it said in the email

don’t think ill be going since the program is virtual. feel like a lot of us interested in something non comp-sci/math would’ve benefited more from an in-person experience. wish i coulda met u all :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s so sad. But I guess they’ll try their best to make it enjoyable.

2 Likes