RSI 2021 - Applicants Thread

I just got my result! I’m from India

Did you get accepted?

RSI International Decisions are out I guess
At least for those in India

I didn’t get in

rej

Hey! I got in from India! Could you send me the group chat link as well? Thanks alot!

Did you get in from India?

Yeah

Alternate from India…Who got in??

yeah i got in :slight_smile:

Wow! Congrats!

Hey Hi!

Congratulations on the selection!

Could you please provide a brief sketch of your stats, at your convenience. Just to get a fair idea of those who got selected :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Sure why not! Although please note my stats are nowhere near impressive as those of many other candidates.

SAT/PSAT - N/A - didnt write yet

ECs:
Founder and President of school’s Advanced Natural Sciences club.
Doing Math research on a 30-year-old unsolved sequence problem.
Designed a rapid-flow immunoassay diagnostic test for COVID-19.
In the process of launching a STEM education non-profit.

Awards/Distinctions:
2021 ISEF Finalist
2020 IRIS Grand Award Winner
2019 MyAO (Malaysian Astronomy Olympiad) Gold Medalist
Several math and science olympiad medals.
Lots of SOF Olympiad medals (though arguably these don’t carry as much weight)

Essays: I would rate my essays a good 9/10, as I thought it really displayed my passion for physics, math, problem-solving and research, and provided appropriate evidence wherever necessary. It was surprisingly elegant if may say.

Recommendations: I would rate this an overall 8/10

Note: I think its important to point out that India’s national science fair, IRIS probably had a tie-up with RSI. I think a few seats were allotted for IRIS or ISEF finalists, and this probably dramatically boosted my chances.

Thanks a lot for those!
I have a very similar application, and can list it out if you’d like. However I had not undertaken ISEF/IRIS or any science fair. Which may have been the downside of my application.

Thanks again, and wish you the best of luck for RSI 2021 :slight_smile:

I got in as well :))

So more than 1 got in from India? That’s very cool

Congratulations!

What is IRIS and ISEF? could you please share link to their official website? Thanks.

Is RSI remote next year?

That is to be determined…hopefully next year’s participants will get to enjoy the full in-person RSI experience!

Heyo! We made a Discord server a long time ago for RSI applicants, feel free to join! Contact me for the link: my username and number: Aiyan #6278