RSI 2021 - Applicants Thread

I also saw this somewhere in some Chinese online forum. It seems like some Chinese RSI applicants were interviewed in 2019, but I am not sure if they still do that now. It probably differs by country.

wow, i think we might have seen the same post on 知乎. lol thanks!

LOL. Are you also a Chinese applicant? Where are you from?

i’m from hong kong! how about you?

A person on the RSI 2021 AOPS thread apparently already got in? Can anybody else confirm if they released some decisions? I still haven’t received mine.

I doubt it is for real…We will know soon. I didn’t hear anything and still waiting.

I’m from Shenzhen. I doubt I have any chance at all since I crammed all my essays in one week lmao.

one week is not too bad, good luck to all.

I think International decisions will be released a bit later after domestic ones

Does each country release its decisions separately?

no. CEE does

one week is honestly pretty good time management lol. ive heard of many successful applicants who overnighted their essays. good luck to u!!

lol thanks. i didn’t even hit the word count limit for several essays tho… that might be a disadvantage considering I left so much space that could have been used to showcase more passion/personality.

bro it was 5000 characters! Thats prettttty big. Did u guys hit the count?

I didn’t even get to 4000 characters for most essays… lol I just think someone might have written five commonapp Personal Statement level essays.

2 Likes

I didnt hit the word count limit either. Especially for the long term goals part, i think i might’ve only wrote about 1000 characters… i just couldn’t think of more to write

2 Likes

About the Why RSI essay…what did u write?

Just saw this… what does it mean for international decisions to come out “by April”? Does it mean the beginning or the end of April?

1 Like

I wrote a very short, probably generic, paragraph on how im passionate about research and some professional guidance might help… also talked about how RSI is great for research. didn’t really spend a lot of time on this one
how about you? what did you write for the science fields question?
we could do a mini chance me lol

On a separate note, if you guys don’t mind could you share what research projects/competitions you have done? Have you all published some research and/or won some prestigious science fairs?