RSI 2021 - Applicants Thread

You can always call and ask them although I would think it’s a bit too late…

@nightravenwarden My daughter reached out to them to submit her 2nd semester grades after the deadline (early February) and also told them that her ACT and PSAT scores would be out soon. They told her they’d add her updated transcript to her application but not to send her test scores since everything is locked down and in process. So my guess is that at this point it’s probably too late. My daughter was a little disappointed since she had tried multiple times to take the ACT but was never able to before the RSI deadline. And when she finally was able to take it she did well enough that it probably would have helped her application…

yeah I think it would just way too late lol the results are probably already finalized

Wow thanks for calling!! It would be pretty soon then.

Hi guys,

Did you send only your high school transcripts to RSI or middle school transcripts as well? I only sent high school transcripts but my senior who got in last year said, she had sent all the middle school transcripts as well!! It’s too late now and I hope only high school transcripts are good enough!

One more thing - only the standardized tests section in the RSI application had an option to attach a file for test scores right? Was there any other section (awards, etc) where you could attach any file? I am a bit worried I have missed out on something in my application!!

High school transcripts only. It’s too late to change anything now, so just gotta hope for the best. They should have contacted you if you were missing something. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Is anyone else applying as a US citizen living abroad?

Does anyone know how selection works for these cases (since I saw some stuff about RSI distributing their admissions depending on the state)?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also applied as a domestic applicant, but am living abroad. I don’t know how the selection process works in our case, though.

Only high school transcript. I didn’t see any other place for attaching files.

1 Like

Rejected.

Selected as Alternate… so a rejection.

GG guys.

1 Like

alternate… :frowning:

1 Like

rejected… good luck to everyone else!

Son got in (from Maryland). Quants: ACT 36, No PSAT, Subject tests: 800/800/760 (M2,Bio,Phys), WGPA: 4.85, UnWeighted: 4/4, lots of extracurriculars in STEM and non-STEM, no idea how good the recos were.

5 Likes

Accepted!

Brief stats: ACT 34, also no PSAT and no SAT, subject tests 790Math II and 740 Physics and 750 bio M and 700 chem, w: 4.5, uw: 3.8, ECs: no lab research, lots of STEM clubs and science olympiad, lots of nonSTEM clubs too and volunteering. essays were really good and recs were really good too.

From CA! dm me if u also made it, we can make a groupchat :smiley:

4 Likes

Do you mind sharing which school in MD? Any research work or papers published?

Accepted! From Indiana (South Asian Female)

Stats: SAT 1520, no PSAT no ACT, no subject tests.
uw: 3.98 (school doesn’t weigh)

ECs: Independent researcher on Alzheimer’s disease
Independent researcher on pancreatic cancer
Summer Stem Institute 2020 Attendee
miRcore (research group in U mich)
Founded many STEM organizations and some activist groups
Varsity Debater and subteam leader robotics

Awards: 2X ISEF Finalist, 2X NCWIT National Honorable Mention, INSPO science silver award medal, first place Sigma Xi meeting, tons of conferences, first author paper under review

4 Likes

Are you from soCal?

I’m from LA

Congrats to everyone who got in! And for those who didn’t (like my kid) just know that CEE isn’t perfect and doesn’t always get it right.

6 Likes