1 Like

please, don’t bring politics to the education

2 Likes

Rejected.

1 Like

Big fat rejection

since it’s virtual i wish they could let the alternates come too

1 Like

Also, isn’t this program super rigorous? How are they accepting students with less than 4 GPA and less than 1550 SAT

DM me?

Hi there. I am a long-time CC poster, whose son previously applied to RSI but was rejected.

For those of you accepted, my warmest congratulations! You have been accepted into an elite programs whose alumni include luminaries like Terence Tao. Perhaps there will be the equivalent of a Terence Tao in your cohort, or perhaps that Terence Tao is actually you. Enjoy your experience as much as you can (it’s virtual I assume)?

For those of you not accepted, take heart. Those essays you spent so much time will be very useful when it comes to applying for college next year. How do I know? Because my son used much of his RSI essays when applying to college. Although not accepted for RSI, he pretty much ran the table when it came to college admissions and is at Harvard today. Take heart, do something else productive during the summer, and enjoy your senior year.

14 Likes

Accepted from Idaho! I’d love to make a gc with u all

2 Likes

thank you for saying that. I was rejected for RSI and I am completely disheartened. I was wondering if my essays weren’t good or the recommendation (which although would be a surprise to me). I am almost thinking I should redo my essays…Or, just give up trying and simply take it easy. Ultimately, all the time and effort I put in for the last three years does not seem to be good enough.

1 Like

Just because someone has less than 4.0 gpa and less than a 1550 SAT doesn’t make them any less qualified. Like colleges, RSI takes into account their profile (where they’re from, family responsibilities, financials, access to opportunities)

1 Like

Yeah I definitely feel the same way… Anyway thanks for your message @hebegebe, and my heart goes out to everyone else who got rejected.

Alternate. Don’t know whether to be happy or disappointed. Do you all know how many alternates are chosen?

2 Likes

Including myself and you, I have seen 3 alternates on this page. I also don’t know whether to be happy or disappointed haha but I read somewhere else that they usually choose 5-10 alternates?

Huge congrats to all those who were accepted though!!

@123snow123 ayy congrats on being an alternate though, still a great accomplishment :slight_smile:

you too!

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

It’s worthwhile having someone else read your essays and see if it reflects you in the best possible way. But beyond that, don’t read too much into an RSI rejection. First, RSI is more selective than elite colleges. Second, while RSI is very merit-focused, they are not going to rank order applications by merit and chose them that way. For one thing they want diversity by geography and also by project type. For example, even if you have an excellent background in biomedical research, if they have already chosen a bunch of others with that same background, they will instead favor the one person with a patent in automobile technology.

What did you apply to?