Running partner for 6/2 - 6/3 Bama Bound

<p>We are leaving straight from Bama Bound to drive to Macon for my daughter to race her first half-iron man triathlon. Her coach is wanting her to get in a short run while we’re away. We were wondering if any of the kids attending might be high school cross country runners who might want to run with her? Her training plan says “30 minute run with race pace pickups.” In 100 degree heat in a half-iron I’m guessing her pace will be around 7 minute miles. Also everyone is welcome to remind her (over and over again) that she needs to have a water bottle in her hand the whole time she’s at Bama Bound!!!</p>

<p>It’s too bad your daughter’s and my son’s schedule will overlap by one day. My youngest son arrives on campus tonight (around 9PM) for Bama Bound. He will be on his way to the airport very early Thursday morning (6AM). </p>

<p>If for some reason your daughter will be on campus Wednesday afternoon or evening, please let me know. I just asked my older son (who run’s XC at Bama) if he knows any female runners that are on campus for summer. He does not know of any right off the top of his head. Have you thought to contact the Women’s XC Coach? Maybe someone in the Athletic Office could help you out in this situation. </p>

<p>Is your daughter joining the Women’s XC Team? If not, has she considered “walking-on” to the team? PM me. My son walked on back in 2008. He has had a wonderful running career even as a walk-on.</p>

<p>My S is also at the 5/31- 6/1 BB leaving 6/2.
I’m sure he would love to run in the afternoon/evening of 6/1.
He did X-C but hasn’t run much in the last 4 months.
It’ll be good for him=)</p>

<p>Ugh…running in that heat. She could probably run in the air conditioned rec center. there is a track inside.</p>

<p>Mof3 --She did consider walking on to the cross country team, but triathlon is her passion and she was concerned full-time running would cut into her swim and bike training. She is really hoping for a podium placement for UA at Collegiate Nationals in April – love that it’s in Tuscaloosa! Thanks so much for your suggestions. And yeah – the heat is a huge concern of mine but she’s supposed to be heat acclimating since it will be 100 degrees on race day. Sometimes I wish her passion was basket weaving.</p>

<p>Bama has an active and fun tri-group!</p>

<p>My son did his first (sprint?) triathlon with them this year. They went to</p>

<p>He did find training hard to keep up with, as well as studies, but if this is her thing, Bama is a good place to be!</p>

<p>I think it was called “King of the Smokies” tri.</p>

<p>one of my son’s HS XC Team Mates also participated at the Tuscaloosa event. I just found an older link to some of his accomplishments. </p>

<p>[Ross</a> Hartley ? Fast Forward Triathlon](<a href=“http://fastforwardtriathlon.com/teams/prodev/ross-hartley/]Ross”>http://fastforwardtriathlon.com/teams/prodev/ross-hartley/)</p>

<p>We had an Ironman last week in The Woodlands, just north of Houston. It was 90 degrees. DD volunteered and said peeps were stuffing ice in their own pants. It looked brutal…</p>

<p>Meant to wish your daughter the best of luck. What a difficult undertaking…</p>

<p>WhitLo; isn’t your daughter having some medical testing done tomorrow, or was that today? Sounds like everything worked out okay, if she is back to running form.</p>

<p>Actually, WhitLo’s post on this thread was from 2011. But since this is Forrest Gump’s school, it’s understandable that we’d think his daughter is still running. ;)</p>

<p>All kidding aside, do keep us posted on your daughter, WhitLo.</p>

<p>My mistake Malanai about this thread’s post, but I sure hope all goes well with WhitLo’s daughter’s tests today…let’s all send positive energy to her.</p>

<p>You guys are awesome! Echocardiogram is this morning, and consult with cardiologist is this afternoon. Hopefully I’ll have some news, and hopefully it will be “all clear.” Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. </p>

<p>That thread from last year brought back some memories! Has it really been a whole year??!!</p>

<p>Good Luck and please let us know, Thanks.</p>

<p>Yes, time really does fly…</p>

<p>You’ll be in our thoughts and prayers today. Please let us know how it goes.:)</p>