Rushing as a Transfer

<p>What would the experience be like rushing as a Jr Transfer? Will I be able to get any bids for frats. I plan on attending the event where I get to know all the frats in the spring before i get accepted.</p>

<p>Where are you transferring from and were you in a fraternity there? While one doesn’t see a lot of pledges who are in their junior year ie those that will graduate at the end of the nest year, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t some. Your best bet would be to contact the various rush chairs, explain your situation and maybe you’ll be invited to some of their events and possibly get a bid.</p>

<p>Also, it is considered bad form to refer to fraternities as frats when you are planning on being a member of one. I highly suggest that you research the rushing/pledging process more and know in advance exactly how one goes about getting a bid and eventually becoming a full brother.</p>

<p>transfer93, my son is the head of recruiting for his fraternity. If you’d like me to put you in touch with him, send me a pm, please.</p>

<p>I know that alot of boys pledge in the spring semester for the following year…</p>