Rutgers Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Rutgers Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: December 1

3 Likes

Hi Everyone- my daughter was acceptedl to Rutgers New Brunswick. I was encouraging her to participate in a living learning community. Does anyone have a knowledge or experience with them? If so, what are your thought?

Rutgers Learning Communities are designed to give students a shared experience around their academics and/or residential environment. They connect students to faculty within and beyond the classroom, and help to facilitate students’ transition from high school to college.

For more information visit this website

http://ruoncampus.rutgers.edu/rulc/

1 Like

Today my OOS daughter was sent info. for NB campus regarding Financial Aid and there was no mention of scholarship money. Has anyone received scholarship information yet?

My son got in to Engineering honors academy and got decent merit scholarship

2 Likes

I applied late to Rutgers NB (Early Feb) and I am wait listed…Interested in anyone’s experience with getting accepted from the wait list? I’ve been accepted to TCNJ but I guess if not accepted I could transfer after one year at TCNJ. Any thoughts would be great… Thanks

I was just speaking to somebody at Rutgers New Brunswick, and they mentioned that they don’t think they are going to the waiting list this year. But they said, in general, a letter of interest doesn’t help. If anything, they would look for senior year grades. They said to check what’s asked for in your portal. But it looks like they may have over-enrolled again. I do believe that they take a lot of transfers. So you can always apply next year. But you also might love TCNJ and not want to leave!

This is a sad news that Rutgers are not going to the waiting list this year. My daughter’s SAT 1580 and most As, and she got Rutgers waiting list and several other waiting lists but preferred Rutgers…

My daughter’s SAT 1580 and most courses are A’s, and she got Rutgers waiting list and several other waiting lists but preferred Rutgers…If is it that true Rutgers are not going to the waiting list this year?

Did she apply late?

Not quite sure, maybe a little late. Do you have any suggestion on this scenario? She is very smart, and don’t care it so much. But I care it very much.

Have her call her admissions officer and say Rutgers is her top choice and she’ll enroll immediately if accepted.
It’s a long shot, but probably your best option at this point.

I hope she’s happy with her other choices, especially with the school she’s enrolling at.

it is a long story, she didn’t enroll in any school yet. We though Rutgers will definitely give her an offer from waiting list. She said eventually community college is also fine to her. But I hope she can attend Rutgers. I will tell her to try calling admission officer. Thanks for your suggestion.

I see. Give it a shot but please don’t count on getting off the waitlist. They may simply not have space.

If she hasn’t committed anywhere by tonight her only options are a) community college or b) take a gap year

1 Like

Got it. I will let her try calling tomorrow. At the beginning her top choice is Columbia, after got rejected by ED she didn’t pay attention on the applications again. But she likes Rutgers too. Thanks anyway.

1 Like