Rx

<p>Should I have S’s prescription renewed at CVS here and then he can just renew it, or should I send him down with the script and have him put it in in T-town. Is there a CVS? If so then renewal won’t be a problem, if not, maybe he needs to take the written script. Or, does the health center have a pharmacy?</p>

<p>I belive that you can have the rx renewed at your local CVS and pick up refills at any CVS in T-town. The info is in the big CVS computer, so I don’t think that’s a problem. All that is needed is the rx number or the name and birthdate. My daughters have done the same thing and it has worked fine. BTW, the CVS at 15th and McFarland that was heavily damaged by the tornado has a mobile pharmacy in the parking lot. There is a pharmacy at the student health center, but could be more expensive to get the prescription filled there.</p>

<p>I believe that the health center has a pharmacy, but I would suggest that he take his Rx to a CVS or a Walgreens where he’d have access all 7 days of the week for longer hours.</p>

<p>Some Walgreens are open 24/7.</p>

<p>If you fill a RX at the health Center Pharmacy, they will bill it to the student’s account. Good solution if you do not have cash on hand.</p>

<p>^^^All good advice.</p>

<p>Since D doesn’t have a car, she will pick up her Rx at Publix. It’s walking distance from the dorms.</p>

<p>^^^Is there a pharmacy at that Publix? When I checked on their website, it didn’t list it as one of their services. D would like to get her RX filled there since she is used to walking to our local Publix to get them now :)</p>

<p>Thanks, BamaMom I didn’t even check. I will have to call.</p>

<p>Just called and the Publix on University Blvd does NOT have a pharmacy. </p>

<p>New plan.</p>

<p>It’s a bummer, huh?! I think D is planning on using the SHC pharmacy since she knows she can get there instead of relying on other people to drive her to a chain one.</p>

<p>Bama Mom: It is a bummer. I will look into the SHC pharmacy. For now I was able to get her Rx filled a few days early since we are leaving tomorrow. </p>

<p>I need to get kleenex for the tears!</p>

<p>Thanks for your quick help.</p>

<p>Are they regular Rx’s that you know she’ll have to take through the year? What we do with D is get the 3 month refills (for those that allow it) and then get them to her when she comes home/we go down (we saw her about 1x/month last year.) I have also shipped her Rx to her in her biweekly care packages. It seemed too much of a hassle to transfer the Rx to her down there. When she got sick while on campus, she had the Rx dispensed from the health center & the charge was on the account.</p>

<p>Yes, the Rx is taken throughout the year. I will ask the derm if he will revise the script for 3 months or I will just mail it. Good options, RobD. Thank you.</p>

<p>I was worried because the Rx was due to be filled on the 14th. I assumed she would just transfer it to the Publix. But luckily we were told that Publix didn’t have a pharmacy and we just filled it here. Wow! I just didn’t want another stressor before we start our journey tomorrow morning. </p>

<p>It’s all good. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I’d avoid CVS, given that their location nearest the University isn’t, well, in operating condition, with the exception of an air-conditioned trailer unit. Rite-Aid is a block from the Student Health Center, and Target is roughly a block from the CVS.</p>

<p>Which is the nearest CVS to campus?</p>

<p>This may not apply, but even with a national chain like CVS or Costco, we have had trouble filling Illinois prescriptions at the Florida location. Don’t know if this is all OOS prescriptions or just our specific states. We will fill anything for DS here and mail down as needed.</p>

<p>Rite Aid is the closest pharmacy to campus as the Publix near campus does not have a pharmacy. There should be coupons available at most major pharmacies to encourage you to transfer your prescriptions to them.</p>

<p>I use the Target pharmacy and have been able to get any needed prescriptions filled/refilled there when needed. They were also open after the tornado when Tuscaloosa had no power, which was a nice surprise for anyone needing prescriptions filled. AL34, there may have been an issue concerning state laws surrounding different prescriptions. Up here, many people choose to have their prescriptions filled in Canada to save money and the only issues that arise are when a drug is classified differently in each jurisdiction.</p>

<p>If your prescription insurance has a mail order option, have them ship to Alabama instead of your home.</p>

<p>Oddly enough, there was a time when the SHC Pharmacy did not accept the University’s prescription insurance plan, so students with that plan had to go to Rite Aid or another pharmacy for their prescriptions.</p>

<p>There’s a Rite-Aid right across Univ Blvd from the Student Health center. They can take the Crimson Ride up to the student health center and just walk across the street.</p>

<p>Good to know about the Rite-Aid!!!</p>