Saban would consider Texas job!

<p>AP reporting Saban would consider leaving Alabama for Texas!
<a href=“http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/11/05/nick-saban-texas-longhorns-alabama-crimson-tide/3448537/[/url]”>http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/11/05/nick-saban-texas-longhorns-alabama-crimson-tide/3448537/</a></p>

<p>This second generation t-sip and Bama mama is so conflicted on this!! I think he’s going</p>

<p>Shocking…</p>

<p>Lets remember that the conversation being referenced is from January … 10 months ago … and consider the source … Saban’s Agent that is paid to look out for opportunities. Certainly, TX would be a BIG opportunity, but really that has no bearing on whether there was any “real” talk of Saban taking the job. That’s just what agents do. Just my opinion … and hope. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Doesn’t this happen before every really big game…same thing right before A&M game. Remember the Saban’s are about to get their first grandchild…do you think that Ms. Terry would leave and go hundreds of miles away?</p>

<p>I am not buying this…It was January…and doesn’t the UT coach have a contract until 2020? Texas is at the top of the Big 12 right now…he’s not going to leave.</p>

<p>Nothing but a distraction and the players know it…read their tweets. It’s pretty entertaining.</p>

<p>My prediction on another thread here a few weeks ago about this was that Mack Brown would get the AD job at UT and that Saban gets between $9 and $10 million to go to Texas…</p>

<p>I was wrong on Brown getting the AD job…they just announced a new AD
I am sticking with my prediction on part two…</p>

<p>How stupid. The comment was from his agent last January. Since then, many times, Saban has said that he’s too old to start over somewhere else.</p>

<p>saban has also said that he hates the way the Miami to Bama thing went down, so how likely would it be that he’d do the same thing again.</p>

<p>And, that too was caused by his agent.</p>

<p>Bingo: “Saban has also said that he hates the way the Miami to Bama thing went down, so how likely would it be that he’d do the same thing again.”</p>

<p>^Exactly why he won’t be coming to Austin.</p>

<p>Shocking…</p>

<p>No, not shocking. And, not shocking that the Tigger-lovers are just hoping, praying, and selling their souls hoping that Saban leaves Bama. They’re behaving like jilted lovers. What’s the matter? Miles isn’t good enough?</p>

<p>You like to attribute lots of thoughts and emotions to me, which is funny since you’ve never even met me.</p>

<p>I couldn’t care less if Saban leaves Bama or not. I like the rivalry that has developed since he has been there. I’m just not surprised by this Texas stuff at all. He lied when he left Michigan State for LSU. He lied when he left LSU for the Dolphins. And he lied when he left the Dolphins for Alabama. That’s what he does. He lies. </p>

<p>And yes, I am a Miles fan. Highest winning percentage in the history of the school. I liked Saban when he was here and was sorry to see him leave. Incidentally, the last play he coached for LSU, our defense gave up a hail mary to lose a bowl game.</p>

<p>You can continue with your efforts to bait me all you wish. And in doing so, you will continue to make yourself look petty and small.</p>

<p>Seeing as this “conversation” was from January, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. I don’t see Saban leaving. He has a good thing going on at Bama. What, a university that is standing behind his decisions when it comes to disciplining his players and coaches. Don’t think they are going to rock the boat on Saban’s decisions when he is the best money making machine they have going that is giving them millions in scholarships to hand out. </p>

<p>Then you have the whole UT situation. Mack’s contract not being up till 2020. Mack contacting his attorney about the regents proposal, if all is accurate in that article. Mack is not going to step down. He wants to ride that baby out and go out on top if at all possible. Stepping down back in the off season, now or after this season is not what he wants to do. Not without being able to sport some new bling on his hand.</p>

<p>In todays Tuscaloosa News:
<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20131106/NEWS/131109840/1009?p=1&tc=pg[/url]”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20131106/NEWS/131109840/1009?p=1&tc=pg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Have to agree with the first comment, “best article on this story… ever”</p>

<p>And, not shocking that the Tigger-lovers are just hoping, praying, and selling their souls hoping that Saban leaves Bama. They’re behaving like jilted lovers. What’s the matter? Miles isn’t good enough?</p>

<p>You like to attribute lots of thoughts and emotions to me, which is funny since you’ve never even met me.</p>

<p>Are you “they”…are you the LSU fan base?</p>

<p>Saban was asked about this (OLD!) info, and again he stated that he’s staying at Bama.</p>

<p>ooohhh…I missed this! :)</p>

<p>you will continue to make yourself look petty and small.</p>

<p>Project much?</p>

<p>Here’s the deal on Saban. He will stay at Alabama as long as it suits him to do so. When he wants to leave, he will. There will be no concern for loyalty, family ties, friendships built in community, etc. He has walked away from that stuff time and again his whole career. The key is to pay him more than any other school and stay out of his hair and he’ll stay. If he gets a better offer, or the crazy boosters bug him too much, he’ll go. It’s really not that complicated.</p>

<p>agree with last poster. i would think he would like the challenge of making another program great, but what do i know?</p>

<p>i don’t think he is necessarily too old to move. lots of football coaches seem to be around his age.</p>

<p>$10 million might make him feel a little younger…! Put a hitch in his giddyup as they say somewhere in Texas</p>

<p>This is just a negotiating ploy by Nick’s agent. I’m predicting Saban gets a healthy raise and remains, in the words of Chancellor Witt (as broadcast on 60 Minutes just three days ago), the single best investment the University has made.</p>

<p>Now let’s get back to the real business at hand: taming slippy’s band of hungry, dangerous Tigers.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>BREAKING NEWS: Back in January it was revealed that Nick Saban would only leave Lil Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies for Quaker Oatmeal Snack n Cakes.</p>

<p>THIS JUST IN: Texas has opened up negotiations with Bear Bryant’s ghost at 40 million a year plus stock options in Coca-Cola and Golden Flakes.</p>

<p>[Nick</a> Saban on Texas rumors: I’m “totally committed” to Alabama | Campus Union - SI.com](<a href=“http://college-football.si.com/2013/11/06/nick-saban-alabama-texas/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp]Nick”>http://college-football.si.com/2013/11/06/nick-saban-alabama-texas/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp)</p>

<p>zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)</p>