Sad to leave T-town

<p>Had a great trip. Weather on the way down was great. Found a great Holiday Inn Express in TN to stay enroute.
Shopped & built stuff until I dropped. Apt looks great, 3br, 3bath with a compact w/d, what more can you ask for?
Campus reminded me of Disneyword before the holidays. There was so much sprucing up going on, the band , the team & cheer people were practicing. There was a lot of anticipation in the air. I walked all over as I was trying to get some miles in for some half marathon my D talked me jnto (walking, she’s running). The new buildings, dorms, Greek houses, apts were amazing.
Hit Depalmas & Full Moon twice. New Full Moon was great. Anyone know how to make that coleslaw? </p>

<p>Good luck to everyone this year.</p>

<p>Sounds like we had the same trip…we also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in TN on the way down last Tues…able to walk just a few yards to a Ruby Tuesday’s for dinner - after 12 hours on the road that day not having to drive to dinner was the best! Also worked until I dropped each day there…still paying for it since flying home Sun. We enjoyed dinners at Epiphany, Cypress Inn, Newks and Moe’s Original while in T’Town. DePalma’s was on the list but we were too tired that night to get cleaned up after working all day so had pizza at Newks instead. We also got to drive by band practice late one day…rolled the windows down to hear the energy and then enjoyed what we think were the joyful shrieks of sorority girls late one night out in the courtyard of one of the dorms. It was sad to leave Sun., but seeing D post…“back in Tuscaloosa… so lucky to have so many places to call home” and knowing how happy she is to be back for her second year makes it all easier. :)</p>

<p>We are sad every time we have to leave T-town. We just love it!</p>

<p>Have been to the new Full Moon twice…love everything there. Don’t know how to make that cole-slaw! Also love their carrot cake and yummy keylime pie. Oh, and those Full Moon cookies half-dipped in chocolate…yum!</p>

<p>We’ve just bought a condo in T-town…yay!!! 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms…lots more space than a hotel! It’s now fully furnished and kitchen-equipped (whew!), and we’re just putting the finishing touches on it. We are renting it out for various weekends, weekdays, etc, so let me know if you’re interested. It will sleep up to 7 in beds. Has a very nice Clubhouse, exercise room, and 2 pools. </p>

<p>It’s conveniently located by UA, Midtown Village, the Strip, etc.</p>

<p>Marinated Slaw recipe if this is what you were looking for: </p>

<p>[A</a> Slew Of Requests For Marinated Slaw | al.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/scenesource/2008/06/a_slew_of_requests_for_marinat.html]A”>A Slew Of Requests For Marinated Slaw - al.com)</p>

<p>Still looking for a place for Sat/Sun Homecoming weekend but sure you’ll be there!
Love the Full Moon cookies.
My next wish is to get down to the Gulf Shores after a visit to T-town. Maybe in the spring.</p>

<p>After reading this post last night I couldn’t stop thinking about Full Moon, so I finally went (for the first time ever!) today. So good. This is me both thanking and blaming you for my delicious and unhealthy lunch. :slight_smile: Here comes the sophomore fifteen!</p>

<p>Thanks for the coleslaw recipe trvlbug</p>

<p>Mom: So happy for you! And thanks again for all you have done for this school.</p>