Said "University of California" instead of USC in ESSAY

USC has two supplemental essays. The first one asks about why you are transferring, the second asks why USC. at the end of my first essay, I state that the “University of California offers”…
its specific to USC, however i feel they will think i am referencing the UC system, which i am not. it only happens once; should i email my counselor to avert any confusion?? or should i let it be. its my top school pls help

I don’t know how much it may or may not matter. I’m not even certain if it will be noticed and/or passed along to someone who might or might not care. I know only one thing for certain.

At the moment, there is a possibility less than 100% that your mistake will be noticed. If you contact them and mention it, there is a 100% chance they will notice you referred to USC by the incorrect name.

Overall, with all the academic and EC documentation you have provided, whether or not you’re accepted will likely have absolutely nothing to do with your mistaken refererence in that supplemental essay.

6 Likes

As frustrating as it feels, my bet is that you will be just fine. You left out a word. It happens. Make sure you do a final proof read in the future for important essays, but at the end of the day, small mistakes will sometimes find their way in. For everyone. It’s really not a huge mistake.

2 Likes

maybe they will just think you were saving a word for the word count, if they notice at all. I would not bring it to their attention. I’m sure they read these very quickly, no matter how
“holistic” they claim to be. If you don’t get in, you will never know why, but it is very unlikely that this would be the reason.

@capybara444 , just because I’m so curious. Did you also apply to transfer to the University of California? Wondering that has been driving me crazy all morning and I have to find out and quiet this wonder-worm in my head.

No i didnt even!