same neighborhood, one won't get in?

<p>My neighbor and I are both applying to UW, out of state. Someone told me that one of us probably wouldn't get in because they wouldn't accept two people from the same street. This seems absurd to me as we don't even go to the same school. Comments?</p>

<p>That's totally not true. Think of all the kids from Madison who end up going there; I bet some of them lived on the same street.</p>

<p>And they likely won't see your apps consecutively.. so likely they won't even notice.</p>

<p>No worries.</p>

<p>UW welcomes OOS and is actively recruiting them.</p>

<p>Gee, my next door neighbor would have been upset eons ago- even in today's more competitive market we still both would have gotten in (and we had so many of the same HS classes together, then never saw each other once in 4 years on the same campus). The Anderson twins were on the basketball team back then.</p>

<p>god that would totally be a drag...bummer dude</p>

<p>someone once told me i had better stats though...</p>

<p>that could very well be true, but it may come down to connections..maybe this neighbor is a recruited athlete, or recruited by a certain organization, like oh i dont know, maybe an rotc program or something like that...it may give him/her the better edge</p>

<p>well i hope we BOTH get in.</p>

<p>no but seriously you're both getting in</p>